Posted to dev@bookkeeper.apache.org by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/21 14:06:27 UTC

Publish SNAPSHOT artifacts on Maven Central

I wonder if we can start publishing the 4.5.0-SNAPSHOT binaries on
Maven Central.

This will help projects which want to try the upcoming version without
dealing with custom local Maven Repositories.

I see recently Apache Tomcat started doing so
http://marc.info/?l=tomcat-dev&m=149269803006113&w=2

I you all agree I would like to work on this.

-- Enrico

Re: Publish SNAPSHOT artifacts on Maven Central

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
I managed to configure the daily master build to publish snapshots.
I have configured the job to go ahead  even in case of test failures.
Snapshots are not signed

Enrico

--

-- Enrico Olivelli

Re: Publish SNAPSHOT artifacts on Maven Central

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.
Cool, thank you Enrico!

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.
Sorry for late response.

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.

--

-- Enrico Olivelli

Re: Publish SNAPSHOT artifacts on Maven Central

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.
Enrico,

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bobby Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Il sab 22 apr 2017, 12:21 Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com> ha scritto:

> Il sab 22 apr 2017, 12:10 Ivan Kelly <iv...@apache.org> ha scritto:
>
>> > Now we have a nightly job. We can make it deploy the artifacts in case
>> of
>> > full success.
>> > I think that adding the 'deploy' goal to the config of the job will do
>> the
>> > trick
>> > Like
>> > Mvn clean deploy
>> Does it not need some credentials configured to be able to push to nexus?
>>

> Yes I think so. We need to ask infra.
> If I can (as I am only committer) I will pick up this issue and talk to
> infra team.
>
> For manual deploy I think that only personal credentials will be enough.
> But I will start working on this only when we are all ok on how to
> achieve: manual vs automatic
>
> I will create a JIRA to track this work today

Here it is

--

-- Enrico Olivelli

Re: Publish SNAPSHOT artifacts on Maven Central

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.

--

-- Enrico Olivelli

Re: Publish SNAPSHOT artifacts on Maven Central

Posted by Ivan Kelly <iv...@apache.org>.

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.

--

-- Enrico Olivelli

Re: Publish SNAPSHOT artifacts on Maven Central

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Just for.completeness I have found this
https://github.com/jenkinsci/job-dsl-plugin
It is a language for describing jobs

But It requires a plugin.
I prefer openstack jobs builder
Enrico

--

-- Enrico Olivelli

Re: Publish SNAPSHOT artifacts on Maven Central

Posted by Jia Zhai <zh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@apache.org>.

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.
I think we will still need Jenkins, because it has more flexibilities than
Travis.

On Mon, Jun 5, 2017 at 6:31 AM, Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I took a look at jenkins job builder, it seems a great tool.
> Two points before getting started:
> 1) do anyone ever used this tool or something like that?
> 2) it needs calling the API and it is possible to delete all jenkins jobs
> with a single command, surely there will be some kind of permissions to be
> set on jenkins side, but maybe we should ask to infra team if there is
> already some other user of such tool in ASF

I believe there are projects using this tool. you might just search INFRA
tickets to see if there were related tickets.

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.

--

-- Enrico Olivelli

Re: Publish SNAPSHOT artifacts on Maven Central

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ivan Kelly <iv...@apache.org>.

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Il sab 22 apr 2017, 09:30 Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com> ha scritto:

> Il sab 22 apr 2017, 02:27 Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com> ha scritto:
>
>> I don't have any objections on doing this, if we can figure out following:
>>
>> - does Apache infra allow doing this?
>>

> Yes. See the lonk from tomcat mailing kist. Maybe we can ask Mark.
>
>> - what does SNAPSHOT mean? How many snapshots do you want to publish?
>>
> Only the last successful build on jenkins
>
> - why not shorten the release scope and publish a release instead?
>

> I really would like to have a release ASAP but I think this is a different
> problem.
>
> The idea is to simplify testing of other downstream project against the
> current master without the need to publish local forks of BK to local maven
> repositories.
> For all downstream open source projects this will be very useful
>
> I volunteer to setup the jenkins job and deal with infra

Eventually we can push specific snapshots manually, see

--

-- Enrico Olivelli

Re: Publish SNAPSHOT artifacts on Maven Central

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.

--

-- Enrico Olivelli

Re: Publish SNAPSHOT artifacts on Maven Central

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.

--
Jvrao
---