Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Eugeny N Dzhurinsky <bo...@redwerk.com> on 2008/02/23 16:56:20 UTC

JNI, freehep-nar-plugin and assembly plugin question

Hello, everybody!

I need some help with this task:

We have a project which consists of several modules, and now we need to add
the new one - but this module has a binding to JNI, which requires to compile
and link native code. After the research I've found there is a plugin at
FreeHEP (freehep-nar-plugin) which seems to perform such kind of task and is
able to compile and link native sources within Maven. This works fine until we
tried to assemble the application in single ZIP archive - we need to include
the *.so files in this archive, however the nar plugin does create a some
archive (*.nar) which includes these SO files, and the question now - how is
it possible to unpack this archive (looks like it is a regular ZIP file?)
BEFORE assembling and then include the *.so files into resulting archive.

Thank you in advance!

--
Eugene N Dzhurinsky

RE: JNI, freehep-nar-plugin and assembly plugin question

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
Googling returns both of the correct pages as the first hit....

Posted by Haim Ashkenazi <ha...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 5:56 PM, Eugeny N Dzhurinsky <bo...@redwerk.com> wrote:
> Hello, everybody!
>
>  I need some help with this task:
>
>  We have a project which consists of several modules, and now we need to add
>  the new one - but this module has a binding to JNI, which requires to compile
>  and link native code. After the research I've found there is a plugin at
>  FreeHEP (freehep-nar-plugin) which seems to perform such kind of task and is
>  able to compile and link native sources within Maven. This works fine until we
>  tried to assemble the application in single ZIP archive - we need to include
>  the *.so files in this archive, however the nar plugin does create a some
>  archive (*.nar) which includes these SO files, and the question now - how is
>  it possible to unpack this archive (looks like it is a regular ZIP file?)
>  BEFORE assembling and then include the *.so files into resulting archive.

The nar plugin generates it's binary artifacts (in my case jni .so
libraries) in target/nar/lib/<arch>/jni. In this case (JNI binary
libs) the only thing that could change from one build to another is
the <arch>. I'm sure you can find in their documentation how to
reference that. If you produce some other artifacts (e.g. binary
executables) the path would be different, slightly different. You can
just add that to a custom assembly file.

Bye

--
Haim