Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by simon <mt...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/23 17:43:22 UTC

Re; DIH Scheduling

The Wiki page describes a design for a scheduler, which has not been
committed to Solr yet (I checked). I did see a patch the other day
(see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-2305) but it didn't
look well tested.

I think that you're basically stuck with something like cron at this
time. If your application is written in java, take a look at the
Quartz scheduler - http://www.quartz-scheduler.org/

-Simon

Re: Re; DIH Scheduling

Posted by Bill Bell <bi...@gmail.com>.
You can easily use cron with curl to do what you want to do.

Re: Re; DIH Scheduling

Posted by Pulkit Singhal <pu...@gmail.com>.
I don't see anywhere in:

Re: Re; DIH Scheduling

Posted by William Bell <bi...@gmail.com>.
I am not a fan of code in a wiki page that is not tested. The purpose
of JIRA is so that we apply patches, and get it committed.

Let's try to move in that direction.

Bill

--
Bill Bell
billnbell@gmail.com

Re: Re; DIH Scheduling

Posted by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 9:13 PM, simon <mt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The Wiki page describes a design for a scheduler, which has not been
> committed to Solr yet (I checked). I did see a patch the other day
> (see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-2305) but it didn't
> look well tested.
>
> I think that you're basically stuck with something like cron at this
> time. If your application is written in java, take a look at the
> Quartz scheduler - http://www.quartz-scheduler.org/

It was considered and decided against.

> -Simon

Noble Paul