Posted to dev@clerezza.apache.org by no...@apache.org on 2010/03/06 00:07:45 UTC

Incubator PMC/Board report for March 2010 (clerezza-dev@incubator.apache.org)

Dear Clerezza Developers,

This email was sent by an automated system on behalf of the Apache Incubator PMC.
It is an initial reminder to give you plenty of time to prepare your quarterly
board report.

The board meeting is scheduled for  Wed, 17 March 2010, 12 pm Pacific. The report
for your podling will form a part of the Incubator PMC report. The Incubator PMC
requires your report to be submitted one week before the board meeting, to allow
sufficient time for review.

Please submit your report with sufficient time to allow the incubator PMC, and
subsequently board members to review and digest. Again, the very latest you
should submit your report is one week prior to the board meeting.

Thanks,

The Apache Incubator PMC

Submitting your Report
----------------------

Your report should contain the following:

 * Your project name
 * A brief description of your project, which assumes no knowledge of the project
   or necessarily of its field
 * A list of the three most important issues to address in the move towards
   graduation.
 * Any issues that the Incubator PMC or ASF Board might wish/need to be aware of
 * How has the community developed since the last report
 * How has the project developed since the last report.

This should be appended to the Incubator Wiki page at:

  http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/March2010

Note: This manually populated. You may need to wait a little before this page is
      created from a template.

Mentors
-------
Mentors should review reports for their project(s) and sign them off on the
Incubator wiki page. Signing off reports shows that you are following the
project - projects that are not signed may raise alarms for the Incubator PMC.

Incubator PMC

Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for March 2010 (clerezza-dev@incubator.apache.org)

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 4:29 PM, Tommaso Teofili
<to...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...did we miss it?
> I think the deadline was yesterday but we can try to make it the same so
> that even if late we report...

Thanks very much for taking care of this, I have signed off the report
(though I'm technically not a mentor, "just" champion.)
I think it's not been sent to the board yet, so we're fine.

-Bertrand

Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for March 2010 (clerezza-dev@incubator.apache.org)

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
2010/3/12 Marco Zaugg <ma...@getunik.com>

> Tommaso, we (getunik) just integrated the AlchemyAPI natively. It is nicely
> integrated into a online media monitoring solution we built for a large
> international
> Non-Profit organization. Would be very interesting to get more infos about
> your UIMA integration, so we
> could switch our installation. Are there any documents, tutorials or infos
> regardig your work?

Hi Marco,

There is generated documentation for AlchemyAPI Annotator inside Apache UIMA
Sandbox on how to use it:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/uima/sandbox/trunk/AlchemyAPIAnnotator/docs/pdf/AlchemyAPIAnnotatorUserGuide.pdf?view=co
I know it's not much, but this is still a "young" contribution so I hope I
will have chance to enhance it, note that this is only related to AlchemyAPI
- UIMA (not to Clerezza).

For the integration of AlchemyAPI Annotator inside Clerezza, a simple sample
is already there inside the org.apache.uima.metadata-generator module.
At the moment I didn't manage to find time to write docs or tutorials, I
hope to fill the gap soon and let you know :-)

One more thing to note is that at the moment there is no "official" way, in
terms of community driven decision, of having OSGi bundles of UIMA
annotators (discussion ongoing on uima-dev@i.a.o, see
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-uima-dev/201003.mbox/<
b917db631003030603o51a5aa45tc7384fa0662f1257@mail.gmail.com> ) although
there is an OSGi version of the entire UIMA framework used with Equinox for
the Eclipse plugins of UIMA.
Now I'm putting together and testing a small Maven project (it's only POMs
using Maven Felix plugin) to solve this temporarily (
http://code.google.com/p/osgi-uima-sandbox/ ).

So my advice would be to wait some more time to have more functionalities,
docs and "official" UIMA OSGi support for annotators.
Thanks for your interest :-)

2010/3/12 Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>

> Thanks very much for taking care of this, I have signed off the report
> (though I'm technically not a mentor, "just" champion.)
> I think it's not been sent to the board yet, so we're fine.

Looks good! Thanks :-)

Cheers,
Tommaso

RE: Incubator PMC/Board report for March 2010 (clerezza-dev@incubator.apache.org)