Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2011/12/02 16:38:54 UTC

testing uima sdk rc1

Eclipse tooling installed ok (into fresh Eclipse 3.7.1).

I did note that Menu -> Window -> Show View -> Other has a selection: "UIMA Cas
Editor", which if you expand it, shows
  Annotation Styles
  Edit View
  Edit View
  FeatureStructure View

What is the meaning of 2 "Edit View" selections?

-Marshall

binary distr checking - OK

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
I downloaded / unzipped the ...bin.zip.

Ran the adjustExamplePaths - OK.
Ran the document Analyzer - OK.

Checked the License / Notice files - OK.
Checked the README and RELEASE_NOTES - OK.
Checked the issuesFixed - OK.
Checked the Eclipse Plugin dir to see it has the launcher, and the 2 caseditor
jars - OK.

-Marshall

Re: testing uima sdk rc1 - compare of source-release to tag

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
I did a compare of the source-release.zip with the svn tag.  Differences:

  source-release.zip has additional files:
    issues-fixed - this is OK - is not in SVN

    The following could be cleaned up in future releases, but are OK for now, I
think:
      uimaj-cpe has 4 "checkpoint*" files - left over from running tests
      uimaj-eclipse-feature-* : has the generated feature.xml files
      uimaj-ep-cas-editor, uimaj-ep-cas-editor-ide : have the META-INF folder
(but it's empty)
      uimaj-ep-configurator, ...debug, ...jcasgen, ...launcher,
...pear-packager, ...runtime
         have the generated META-INF folder with the generated MANIFEST.MF

  The tag has the following files, not in the source release:
     .project files for the uimaj-eclipse-feature-runtime, ...feature-tools
  This is OK, I think.  The uimaj-eclipse* projects I think don't belong in the
source release,
  they belong in the build tooling, as they are only used to build the eclipse
update site.

Those were the only differences, so I think this is OK.

-Marshall