Posted to user@flagon.apache.org by Lewis John McGibbney <le...@apache.org> on 2021/06/05 17:39:35 UTC

UserALE integration with other logging backends

Hi user@,
I am attempting to use Flagon UserALE JS in the Airflow web app without luck so far.
A few questions

1. Is airflow tested against any specific versions of Elasticsearch? Would it be worth us creating a compatibility chart somewhere... or atleast that Flagon UserALE JS vXXX is tested against Elasticsearch vXXX. Any thoughts?
2. We would quite like to use AWS OpenSearch or even AWS CloudWatch... has anyone else thought about other logging backends which UserALE can POST to?
3. When using UserALE JS as a script tag, I have an issue with the ready availability of providing both the logging endpoint (data-url) and authentication (data-auth) parameters. Even if the application that UserALE JS is deployed into is deployed on a private network and behind firewalls, this still raise security concerns.

Thanks
lewismc