Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Colm MacCarthaigh <co...@stdlib.net> on 2006/04/01 00:16:07 UTC

Re: 0.9.11 .zip with win32 .mak/.dsp files

On Fri, Mar 31, 2006 at 02:58:19PM -0600, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> I've exported the same build with these exported command-line makefiles
> that are usable on either VS5/6 or later flavors of Studio.
>
> I'm wondering if I should upload them as apr*-0.9.11.zip or give these
> a designation such as apr*-0.9.11-win32-src.zip?

-win32- is better imo, due to the newline differences.

> Also wondering, I have the same for apr-iconv-0.9.7.zip, and it seems
> possibly problematic to replace that package, so the -win32-src designation
> seems to make even more sense in that case.

yep!

> Finally, how to package this going forward?  I'm thinking that any of the
> win32 users with DevStudio might help the RM by checking in these
> -generated-
> files into tags/n.n.n/ as they are not an element of the day-to-day working
> repository.
>
> Comments?

Sure, is there some canonical/deterministic way of doing this that we
prefer? There seem to be a few different ways of producing the contents
of the zip.

Re: 0.9.11 .zip with win32 .mak/.dsp files

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
Colm MacCarthaigh wrote:

> Sure, is there some canonical/deterministic way of doing this that we
> prefer? There seem to be a few different ways of producing the contents
> of the zip.

The difference is simply exporting the .dsp files using Visual Studio 6.
Resulting project.mak / project.dep (dependency) files are straightforward.

Otherwise the zip is identical, with win32 lineends.

Bill