Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Tom O'Connor <to...@surety.com> on 2001/11/08 16:19:44 UTC

Why WARP?

Can someone explain the benefits of using mod_webapp over mod_jk?
What can mod_webapp do that mod_jk doesn't or can't?  Back in the day,
it was clear as to why ajp13 was better than ajp12, but I can't seem
to find the same kind of reasoning for warp over ajp.

Re: Why WARP?

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.
Tom O'Connor at tom@surety.com wrote:

> Can someone explain the benefits of using mod_webapp over mod_jk?
> What can mod_webapp do that mod_jk doesn't or can't?  Back in the day,
> it was clear as to why ajp13 was better than ajp12, but I can't seem
> to find the same kind of reasoning for warp over ajp.

The protocol has been designed to cope with the concept of "Web
Application", that has been introduced recently in the Servlet spec, and it
automatically handles configuration over the wire (so that you don't have to
configure your web applications in two places)

    Pier