Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Antoine Angénieux <aa...@clinigrid.com> on 2008/04/01 10:53:42 UTC

Bug in StringResourceModel when used in component constructor since Matej commited the version implementing IComponentAssignedModel

Hi Guys,

Since Matej committed the IComponentAssignedModel implem for
StringResourceModel, trying to retreive the model value during page
construction results in a "no resource found".

It appears that during this phase, the component can only access its on
properties file in the new implem.

I guess this is because previously the model would rely on the
referenced component passed in the constructor, so the property could be
found based on that component (if it wad defined in the given component
properties file). But now, the wrapOnAssignment replaces the constructor
defined component, with the assigned one . Thus, because the component
hierarchy is not built yet, the model cannot lookup the property in the
correct file.

Is this an expected behaviour? I had to tweak a few things in my
application so that everything still runs smoothly but I was wondering
if that was not too much of a breakage compared to previous versions,
especially so close to the end release plan of 1.3.

Cheers,

Antoine.

--
Antoine Angénieux
Associé

Clinigrid
5, avenue Mozart
75016 Paris, France
+336 60 21 09 18
aangenieux@clinigrid.com

Re: Bug in StringResourceModel when used in component constructor since Matej commited the version implementing IComponentAssignedModel

Posted by Antoine Angénieux <aa...@clinigrid.com>.
Matej Knopp wrote:
> Yeah, sorry about that.
Don't, better having a couple bugs easily corrected and have the new
StringResourceModel of 1.3 thant in 1.4 ;)

> this certainly isn't the intended behavior.
> I've just commited a possible fix, can you please update and try?
Yep, I reverted to my previous code version that was not breadking and
now everything runs smoothly again !

Nice !

Keep up the good work guys,

Cheers,

Antoine.

Posted by Matej Knopp <ma...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, sorry about that. this certainly isn't the intended behavior.

--
Resizable and reorderable grid components.
http://www.inmethod.com