Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Adrian Dick <ad...@uk.ibm.com> on 2004/06/22 17:02:06 UTC

Propogating method namespace to parameter elements within generated stubs

Hi,

I've found the WSDL2Ws tool doesn't generate stubs from the WSDL which
propogates the method namespace to parameter elements.

Together with Fred Preston, I've produced the following patch:
org.apache.axis.wsdl.wsdl2ws.cpp.literal.ClientStubWriter.java (See
attached file: ClientStubWriter.java.patch)

Although this seems to work quite nicely, I feel a neater fix might be to
modify Stub to have either:
   A utility method to take URI and element name to produce a string
   containing the prefix and element name
   Modify the various add parameter methods to also take a namespace and
   carry out the work under the covers.
My preference is #2. Any thoughts?

Regards,
Adrian