Posted to docs@cocoon.apache.org by do...@cocoon.apache.org on 2004/10/01 13:32:24 UTC

[Cocoon Wiki] New: CocoonGetTogether2004PGP

   Date: 2004-10-01T04:32:24
   Editor: BertrandDelacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch>
   Wiki: Cocoon Wiki
   Page: CocoonGetTogether2004PGP

   no comment

New Page:

The GT is a good occasion to verify each other's PGP key.

Here's how to do it (thanks to Dirk-Willem for the explanation):

* Ensure your fingerprint is at a keyserver (See http://pgp.mit.edu/) for details.

* Add your fingerprint and email on this page, below. e.g. the output of
{{{gpg --fingerprint yourself@apache.org
or
pgpk -ll yourself@apache.org
}}}

* Do this before the first day of the event.

* Then, at the event, we'll print out N copies of this page. Then whenever you meet (or at a special keysigning time) we'll each verify with each other that *our key* on *their printouts* are correct. And then *they* put an OK next to your name.

* Once you get home you can add/sign each of the fingerprints you have made a mark against.

= Key fingerprints =

{{{
pub  1024R/EC140B81 1997-04-10 Dirk-Willem van Gulik
	<di...@apache.org>
	Key fingerprint = A5 EC 78 D5 BB DE FE ED  50 55 DA 6D C6 E0 E7 85
}}}

Thanks to Dirk-Willem for his suggestion, here's an easy way to do it: