Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Alain Sahli <al...@mimacom.com> on 2011/08/17 09:30:34 UTC

Strange behavior of the StandardAnalyzer

Hello,

I set a field which contains a name of a person to Field.Index.ANALYZED. I use the StandardAnalyzer for the seaching part and in general it works very well. But I found one strange case which I have to change to fit the expectation of the customer. If I search for an exact name which is a "combined" name (for example "Schwander-Widmer"), lucene don't find it. But if I search "Schwander Widmer" without hyphen, lucene find the correct person.

I can't understand this, because from my point of view it should be the easiest search because it's a perfect match. The name field contains only the name and if I write it correctly (with or without hyphen) lucene shoud find it !

Thanks for your help !
Alain

RE: Strange behavior of the StandardAnalyzer

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
Hi,

Do you use the same Analyzer for both searching and indexing. These typ of
issues only happen, if you have different analyzers. This type of query
should always work with StandardAnalyzer.
Which Lucene version and which analysis configuration do you have (including
matchVersion parameters)?

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler