Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Norman Franke <no...@myasd.com> on 2007/06/06 21:53:26 UTC

[T4.0.x] Converting a Direct Service into a Page Service

I'm trying to use friendly URLs, and after following the
instructions, I got it to work.

I have one page with 3 form fields and a submit button. Normally,
when a user clicks "submit" it calls a direct service. I want to
translate this into the same URL one use to get there, e.g. http://
hostname/path/name

I thought I could add an encoder to hivemind.xml that looks for
"direct" as a service, my page name and the the component, e.g.
"submitForm". While it does redirect to the correct URL, the form
values are not set. How get it to maintain the form values?

-Norman

Re: [T4.0.x] Converting a Direct Service into a Page Service

Posted by Norman Franke <no...@myasd.com>.
Let me re-phrase that. I want to use the same URL for both an
IExternalPage and and a DirectService. My ServiceEncoder then needs
to be able to determine if the incoming request is a Direct Service
request or not. Can this be done without modifying the URL?

-Norman