Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Yang Yang <yy...@icloud.com.INVALID> on 2022/05/01 07:19:16 UTC

Re: SSH failed: no matching host key type found

HI Nick,

The version of libssh2 is 1.8.0-2.1, as below.

# dpkg -l | grep ssh
libssh-gcrypt-4:amd64                0.9.3-2ubuntu2.2                 amd64        tiny C SSH library (gcrypt flavor)
libssh2-1:amd64                      1.8.0-2.1build1                  amd64        SSH2 client-side library
libssh2-1-dev:amd64                  1.8.0-2.1build1                  amd64        SSH2 client-side library (development headers)

Thanks,
Yang

Posted by Yang Yang <yy...@icloud.com.INVALID>.
Thank you very much for the clarification, Nick! I’m going to upgrade libssh2 to the latest.

Thanks,
Yang

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.

Posted by Michael Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.
On Sun, May 1, 2022 at 12:36 AM Yang Yang <yy...@icloud.com.invalid> wrote:

> Hi Nick,
>
> I found that only ssh-rsa and ssh-dss are mentioned in ssh_agent.c
> <https://github.com/apache/guacamole-server/blob/b2ae2fdf003a6854ac42877ce0fce8e88ceb038a/src/protocols/ssh/ssh_agent.c#L59>,
> does that mean other algorithms are currently not supported?

No, ssh_agent.c only deals with SSH agent forwarding support which is not
in play here. For authentication with an SSH server, any key format
supported by the libssh2 library present on the system can be used.

- Mike

Re: SSH failed: no matching host key type found

Posted by Yang Yang <yy...@icloud.com.INVALID>.
Hi Nick,