Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Benoit Tellier <bt...@linagora.com> on 2018/06/20 08:30:11 UTC

It's a long time since we are working on James 3.1. Many features have
been implemented, here are the main ones:

- Move to Java 8
- Delegating folders
- Introduce an object store
- Configurable mailbox listeners with Guice
- Improve Mail Repositories handling, including a nice web API
- Improve Mail Queues handling, including a nice web API
- MDN (Message Disposition notification) parsing and handling
- Improve RRT (Recipient Rewrite Table) implementation
- SpamAssassin support with per user reports
- Quota handling improvments, and in particular users can receive an
email when they are near the limit of their quota
- Search in attachments
- Many performances enhancement, in particular on Cassandra backend
- JPA SMTP Guice product
- Data Leak Prevention (coming very soon)
- Cassandra migration process
- Structured logging
- RPM packaging (in addition to deb packaging)
- Documentation updates

So we think it's time, if not already too late to launch a new release.

We'll start the process in the next weeks.

So please tell us quickly if you think something is urgently missing or
if we passed by an important bug.

I you want to help, please take some time to test the last master
version [1] which will soon become the first beta.

Regards,
Benoit Tellier

[1] https://github.com/apache/james-project