Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Nishna <Na...@iflexsolutions.com> on 2008/11/25 07:41:35 UTC

Display the string line by line in s:textarea

Hi All,

       I am getting string from database. I want to display the string line
by line in my s:textarea.

       I am tried with \n between each statement in my string. But, still,
it is getting displayed as
       continuous text.

      For example: I am having, String str="I like struts; I like webworks";
      I want that string to be displayed as two lines in textarea.

      Could anyone pls help me in this issue.

    Thanks in advance...!!!

-Nishi.

Re: Display the string line by line in s:textarea

Posted by ManiKanta G <go...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

     For example: I am having, String str="I like struts; I like webworks";
>      I want that string to be displayed as two lines in textarea.

try using HTML special char: &#10;, like String str="I like struts;&#10; I
like webworks";

I found this some where.

ManiKanta