Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Frank G. Hahn" <ef...@cs.auc.dk> on 2000/09/11 09:05:16 UTC

Homepage says .. make it easy to read and WRITE xml-data .. how to write ?

Hi,

At the homepage for the apache XML-project it says that Xerces makes it easy to integrate the ability to read and WRITE xml-data.

My question is how to write the XML-data?

Currently the information is simply dumped as formatted text-strings to a file.
The desired solution would be to create a dom-tree-structure and call a WriteXML(dom_document) memberfunction.
However I don't seem to be able to find such a function ?

Is there such a function ?

Another problem is the format.
I got that the line with <?xml ...> has to be the absolute first line.
However the <!DOCTYPE ...> causes some trouble. In some of the applications the DTD-file is not available (and not used as SetDoValidate is set to false), but it still won't parse. This is why I would prefer to use a write-dom function (to get the file-format correct).

/Frank