Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Aniruddh Sharma <as...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/08 14:06:11 UTC

Nested vs Flattened Indexes

Hi

I am new to use Solr.

I am running Solr 4.10.3 on CDH 5.5.

My use case is , I have real time data ingestion in Hadoop on which I want
to implement search.

My input data format is XML and it has nested child nodes. So my question
is about schema creation for solr.

Technically I notice in JSON format , it is possible to handle nested data.

a) Although technically JSON can handle nested child data. Is it also
doable in XML format. If no, then are there any guidelines to change XML
data to JSON or what is best way around to deal with this.

b) Even though if could be technically done, from a functional point of
view when does it make sense to store data in Solr as nested vs flattened .
What is functional use case which drives this.

Thanks and Regards

Re: Nested vs Flattened Indexes

Posted by Rick Leir <rl...@leirtech.com>.
Can you use Tika?