Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Sebastien Sahuc <ss...@imediation.com> on 2000/09/27 17:49:55 UTC

Re: nullpointerexception on c2 startup

Conny Krappatsch wrote:
> I tried to install C2 on Catalina (jakarta-tomcat-4.0-m1)
[skip]
> java.lang.LinkageError: Class org/xml/sax/Attributes violates loader
> constraints

> I tried to shuffe some jar packages (catalina comes with xerces +
> jaxp + parsers while cocoon's xerces includes all), but without success.

This is where it HURTS : class loader problem or Catalina bug , I don't
know.

Please, try again by removing the xerces.jar from your cocoon webapp/lib
directory, should work. At lest it worked for me and Giacomo...

All the best,

Sebastien

Posted by Giacomo Pati <Gi...@pwr.ch>.
Sebastien Sahuc wrote:

> Conny Krappatsch wrote:
> > I tried to install C2 on Catalina (jakarta-tomcat-4.0-m1)
> [skip]
> > java.lang.LinkageError: Class org/xml/sax/Attributes violates loader
> > constraints
>
> > I tried to shuffe some jar packages (catalina comes with xerces +
> > jaxp + parsers while cocoon's xerces includes all), but without success.
>
> This is where it HURTS : class loader problem or Catalina bug , I don't
> know.
>
> Please, try again by removing the xerces.jar from your cocoon webapp/lib
> directory, should work. At lest it worked for me and Giacomo...

I removed it from build/tomcat-4.0/lib not from cocoon-webapp/lib.

Giacomo

                                          Web:   http://www.pwr.ch