Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by janandith jayawardena <ja...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/08 20:04:19 UTC

Sling/Scala weekly progress report.(02-06-2008 to 08-06-2008)

 Sling/Scala weekly progress report.

 Duration : 2nd June 2008 to 8th June 2008.

 Progress:

    1. Dummy ScalaScriptEngine loads successfully and prints the script
given to it. Script is displayed in the launchpad using ScriptContext.

 Problems:

    Unsolved:

    1. The library which is necessary to run the Interpreter ( later the
compiler ) "scala.tools.nsc" is not loaded at startup of sling/scala bundle.
An exception is thrown indicating an error. Screenshots are attached to JIRA
510. Need some help to solve this error.

Perspective:

    1. Load the "scala.tools.nsc" to use the scala Interpreter initially.
    2. Replacing the Interpreter with Compiler for scala because Interpreter
can only execute one line at a time.

Re: Sling/Scala weekly progress report.(02-06-2008 to 08-06-2008)

Posted by janandith jayawardena <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi Bertrand,

Today I managed remove the errors shown in red in the launchpad saying it
cannot resolve "scala.tools.nsc" using Felix's answer as a guide.

But when calling the script an exception is thrown. I have mailed it as a
reply to my mail stating the earlier problem.

Based on the reply I hope to work on resolving this exception.

I checked the http://code.google.com/p/sling-scala . It's visible now.

janandith.

Re: Sling/Scala weekly progress report.(02-06-2008 to 08-06-2008)

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi Janandith,

On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 10:10 AM, janandith jayawardena
<ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...The DummyScriptEngine is the do nothing engine  which I managed to get to
> work. I updated the code yesterday in
> http://code.google.com/p/sling-scalabut seems there has been an error
> I can't view it either. I'll upload it
> again to night. I couldn't load the "scala.tools.nsc" to get the interpreter
> running. I was stuck with it last week.Now I'm trying out Felix's answer....

Ok, fine!

> ...Usually I work on the project in the afternoon because in the morning I have
> to attend academic activities. Therefore Its roughly like half a days work.
> During week ends I'm at home the whole day so I work on the project whole
> day...

Ok, thanks for clarifying.

-Bertrand

--
 Bertrand Delacretaz
 http://www.codeconsult.ch

Re: Sling/Scala weekly progress report.(02-06-2008 to 08-06-2008)

Posted by janandith jayawardena <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi Bertrand ,

Thanks for reviewing the report.

The DummyScriptEngine is the do nothing engine  which I managed to get to
work. I updated the code yesterday in
http://code.google.com/p/sling-scalabut seems there has been an error
I can't view it either. I'll upload it
again to night. I couldn't load the "scala.tools.nsc" to get the interpreter
running. I was stuck with it last week.Now I'm trying out Felix's answer.
Once I get this corrected then I will be able to progress smoothly :-).

I will update you during the week about the status.

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi Janandith,

Thanks for your report, see my comments inline.

Are you mostly working on this on weekends currently, or also during
the week? I'm asking because I'll be often offline in the weekends to
come, so if you can ask questions or give feedback during the week we
might progress faster.

Thanks for your work so far.

On Sun, Jun 8, 2008 at 8:04 PM, janandith jayawardena
<ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ... Progress:
>
>    1. Dummy ScalaScriptEngine loads successfully and prints the script
> given to it. Script is displayed in the launchpad using ScriptContext...

Is that code on http://code.google.com/p/sling-scala? I didn't find it
there, it seems like the current code already uses Scala. If it was
there in a previous revision it would be good to add and svn tag to
that revision, let us know if you need help about that.

>  Problems:
>  ...  1. The library which is necessary to run the Interpreter ( later the
> compiler ) "scala.tools.nsc" is not loaded at startup of sling/scala bundle....

Felix's answer should help for that.

> Perspective:
>
>    1. Load the "scala.tools.nsc" to use the scala Interpreter initially.
>    2. Replacing the Interpreter with Compiler for scala because Interpreter
> can only execute one line at a time....

sounds good!

-Bertrand