Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by FR web forum <oo...@free.fr> on 2011/11/01 16:18:10 UTC

MacOS X Lion compatible

Dearest devs,

>From the french forum, some users report that 3.3.0 release is not compatible with newest MacOS X 10.7.3 (aka Lion).

Are you aware of that?

Re: MacOS X Lion compatible

Posted by Raphael Bircher <r....@gmx.ch>.
Am 01.11.11 16:49, schrieb Jürgen Schmidt:
> On 11/1/11 4:18 PM, FR web forum wrote:
>> Dearest devs,
>>
>>  From the french forum, some users report that 3.3.0 release is not
>> compatible with newest MacOS X 10.7.3 (aka Lion).
>>
>> Are you aware of that?
> mmh, i am using OOo 3.3 on my MacBook running Lion. I haven't detected
> any problems so far.
I have also Lion here, and OOo works fine. There are same
"incompatibilities with scroll bars. But they are only viewing bugs.

Re: MacOS X Lion compatible

Posted by Alexander Thurgood <al...@gmail.com>.
Le 01/11/11 19:17, FR web forum a écrit :

Hi all,

> The user has given me some details to reproduce.
> This seems appear when LibO is already installed.
> If you add OOo, the install process try to retreive the LibO profile
> The problem is fixed if LibO is uninstalled.

There is a report here of a user having problems with OOo 3.3 on Lion
apparently before LibreOffice was even installed :

http://forums.macgeneration.com/mac-os-x/resolu-lion-ou-sont-passes-les-fichiers-plist-898882.html

Alex

Re: MacOS X Lion compatible

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
On Nov 1, 2011, at 2:18 PM, Thorsten Behrens wrote:

> Dave Fisher wrote:
>>> The user has given me some details to reproduce.  This seems
>>> appear when LibO is already installed.  If you add OOo, the
>>> install process try to retreive the LibO profile The problem is
>>> fixed if LibO is uninstalled.
>>>

>> This LibO and OOo thinking they are the same application is a
>> continual problem. It would have been nice if LibO made themselves
>> distinct.
>>
> Hi Dave,
>
> LibO uses ~/Library/Application Support/LibreOffice (not
> OpenOffice.org) - please don't jump to conclusions just yet. Beyond
> that, we always welcome patches to make LibreOffice even more
> distinct. :)

Sorry, if I appeared to jump to a conclusion. It is just that I have seen different reports of either LO or OOo not running if the other is running.

There was one in the OOo users list about portable LO not starting because OOo was active. So there are conflicts. No implication that this is intentional just a fact of originally being the same codebase. Registrations on various systems is hard. I've had the "joy" of writing installation code for .Net assemblies and that is not fun.

Regards,
Dave

Re: MacOS X Lion compatible

Posted by Alexander Thurgood <al...@gmail.com>.
Le 03/11/11 11:58, Alexander Thurgood a écrit :

> Are do the plist files have the same name and are they stored in the
> same place ?

Forget that question, a search in Finder reveals that the plist files
also have different names.

Alex

Re: MacOS X Lion compatible

Posted by Alexander Thurgood <al...@gmail.com>.

Hi Thorsten,

Re: MacOS X Lion compatible

Posted by Thorsten Behrens <th...@documentfoundation.org>.

Re: MacOS X Lion compatible

Posted by FR web forum <oo...@free.fr>.
>This LibO and OOo thinking they are the same application is a continual problem.
>It would have been nice if LibO made themselves distinct.
I know that. But developpers shall to think that end-users can install both on computer.
Maybe the install process should be to test if other is here before.

Re: MacOS X Lion compatible

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.

Re: MacOS X Lion compatible

Re: MacOS X Lion compatible