Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Dumbo <dr...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/15 10:51:16 UTC

How to define analysis bundle plugin

Hi,

I'm looking for some way of bundling a few code analysis tools into one
plugin for easy management across projects. For now the only way seems to be
configuration in a parent pom, but updating becomes a hassle when a new
plugin is added to the bundle. The bundle could well be included in a parent
project.

Is there a way to:
1. create sort of a meta plugin which includes and configures a number of
other plugins?
2. update said plugin without re-release of all dependent projects?

Since these plugins only are helpers when building, I think it wouldn't be
problem to dodge the normal release procedures and allow simpler updating.

cheers