Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com> on 2020/04/16 01:43:38 UTC

[discuss] Apache IoTDB 0.9.2 (incubating) RC1 release

Hi,

I open a thread to discuss about the release vote.

@Da wei, it is better to open a new thread for discussion attached a vote
thread.

I checked the KEYS, and find your KEY name is in Chinese:

 uid           [ 绝对 ] 刘大伟 <li...@apache.org>
 sig 3        A8155051CE34C389 2020-03-07  刘大伟 <li...@apache.org>
 sub   rsa4096 2020-03-07 [E]

In Chrome (or some non-Chinese environments), it looks like :

 uid [ ç» å¯¹ ] 刘大伟 <li...@apache.org>

sig 3        A8155051CE34C389 2020-03-07  刘大伟 <li...@apache.org>

I do not know whether it may cause errors in non-Chinese OS. So, I'd like
to suggest you using English or Pinyin.

Best,
-----------------------------------
Xiangdong Huang
School of Software, Tsinghua University

 黄向东
清华大学 软件学院

Re: [discuss] Apache IoTDB 0.9.2 (incubating) RC1 release

Posted by Dawei Liu <at...@163.com>.
Hi,

I will register a new key and then give it to you for verification.
And I will write this note in 'how to'

Thanks
---
Dawei Liu

On 04/16/2020 10:57,Xiangdong Huang<sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Dawei,

And I think let someone endorse your key is important.
Now, if we verify your signature, we the the following message:

gpg2 --verify apache-iotdb-0.9.2-incubating-bin.zip.asc
apache-iotdb-0.9.2-incubating-bin.zip
gpg: Signature made 一  4/13 20:05:10 2020 CST
gpg:                using RSA key 2BC8DB6EA486F8DFCD3B99D1A8155051CE34C389
gpg: checking the trustdb
gpg: marginals needed: 3  completes needed: 1  trust model: pgp
gpg: depth: 0  valid:   2  signed:   1  trust: 0-, 0q, 0n, 0m, 0f, 2u
gpg: depth: 1  valid:   1  signed:   0  trust: 1-, 0q, 0n, 0m, 0f, 0u
gpg: Good signature from "刘大伟 <li...@apache.org>" [unknown]
gpg:          There is no indication that the signature belongs to the
owner.
Primary key fingerprint: 2BC8 DB6E A486 F8DF CD3B  99D1 A815 5051 CE34 C389

Notice the two sentences:
gpg:          There is no indication that the signature belongs to the
owner.

Best,
-----------------------------------
Xiangdong Huang
School of Software, Tsinghua University

黄向东
清华大学 软件学院

Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com> 于2020年4月16日周四 上午10:55写道:

It's better to fix the key issue in this release, otherwise we still
need to keep the problem key for a very long time.

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

On Thu, Apr 16, 2020 at 10:37 AM Dawei Liu <at...@163.com> wrote:

Hi Willem,
I'm not sure if I need to create a new key.
Can you help me make a decision

Thanks
---
Dawei Liu

On 04/16/2020 10:34,Willem Jiang<wi...@gmail.com> wrote:
If Dawei provide a new key , we need to consider to create a new
signed kit and start a new vote again.

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

On Thu, Apr 16, 2020 at 10:26 AM Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Hi Dawei,

I'm not sure...
I think ASF does not care whether you use your Chinese name in your pgp
key.

If it can work well in all persons' computers, then it is ok.
It works well on my MacOS by using `gpg2 --verify`. I do not know if
there
is any problem on other environment.

By the way, can you contact me in private? No one sign your key now. I
can
sign your key (after you decide whether create a new one).

Best,
-----------------------------------
Xiangdong Huang
School of Software, Tsinghua University

黄向东
清华大学 软件学院

Dawei Liu <at...@163.com> 于2020年4月16日周四 上午10:19写道:

Hi,
The same problem has been found on many people's computers.
I don't know whether this problem conforms to the principles of apache.
Do I need to change the name of my key?

Thanks
---
Dawei Liu

On 04/16/2020 10:10,Xiangdong Huang<sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I do not know whether it may cause errors in non-Chinese OS. So, I'd like
to suggest you using English or Pinyin.

OK... maybe it is not a big problem.  At least it works on my MacOS.

Best,
-----------------------------------

Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com> 于2020年4月16日周四 上午9:43写道:

Posted by Dawei Liu <at...@163.com>.
Hi Justin,
Thank you very much. I've learned a lot from you.

Thanks
---
Dawei Liu

On 04/16/2020 19:08,Justin Mclean<ju...@classsoftware.com> wrote:
Hi,

It’s good to have a a key nn the web of trust but it not required, having a key from an apache.org address and a download from a location that only apache people can upload to is generally enough :-)

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [discuss] Apache IoTDB 0.9.2 (incubating) RC1 release

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dawei,

Verifing a PGP key requires to check you are the person you claimed (by
checking your driver ID or some else).

Normally it requires face to face, or some other ways to confirm that.

Best,
-----------------------------------

Dawei Liu <at...@163.com> 于2020年4月16日周四 下午5:41写道:

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
If you update the key, I think you need to resign the artifacts which
are uploaded to the nexus repo.
You may need to run the maven deploy again after creating a new signing key.

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

Posted by Jialin Qiao <qj...@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn>.