Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Frans Thamura <fr...@meruvian.org> on 2009/09/19 14:31:10 UTC

Maven Repo for Struts2 2.1.x

hi all

just a small stupid question

can i know what is maven repo for testing struts2.1

i got that the struts2 plugin (maven) is not in the default maven repo

i want to test the rest demo

thx
--
Frans Thamura
Meruvian.

Meruvian bukan hanya membuat anak SMK menjadi bisa tapi SAKTI, malah
saktinya SAKTI Mandraguna.

Mobile: +62 855 7888 699
Blog & Profile: http://frans.thamura.info

We provide services to migrate your apps to Java (web), in amazing
fast and reliable.

Re: Maven Repo for Struts2 2.1.x

Posted by Wes Wannemacher <we...@wantii.com>.
Frans, for your first question, I don't think we have an 'official'
snapshot repo. If we do, I wouldn't trust it... Recently I was
reconfiguring our hudson builds (nightlies) to use a newer version of
Maven and when the build gets to the step to deploy the snapshots, it
failed quite miserably. It's something I'm going to address when I
have a bit more time. The nightly zips are still available here -

http://people.apache.org/builds/struts/nightlies/2.x/

Those zips are up to date. However, if you are comfortable with Maven,
it's pretty easy to build from source. To build, I'll suggest a few
things -

1. Use maven 2.2.1. We recently discovered a problem running a test
within one of the plugins. Using 2.2.1 takes care of the issue.
2. Use Java 6. One of the plugins requires the compiler tools
(javax.tools.?) which isn't available in 1.5.
3. When you are building, specify -DskipAssembly otherwise it will try
to mirror the docs from the wiki, which will take a lot of bandwidth.

Lastly, at some point today, I am going to point Struts 2's pom files
to xwork 2.1.6 (rather than the snapshot) so you will be able to build
without also building xwork.

-Wes

On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 5:03 AM, Frans Thamura <fr...@meruvian.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 8:39 AM, Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> cd $STRUTS_HOME/src/apps/rest-showcase
>> mvn -e -P integration-test
>>

> i try the showcase, and found the plugins is 2.1.8, i use the trunk version.
>
> i think.. i must compile the core ... any tips?

Wes Wannemacher

Head Engineer, WanTii, Inc.
Ask me for a quote!

Re: Maven Repo for Struts2 2.1.x