Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Emmanuel Bourg <sm...@lfjr.net> on 2004/07/08 13:04:58 UTC

[configuration] Removal of DOM4JConfiguration

I prepared a patch to remove the dom4j configurations as discussed
earlier, it does the following:
- remove XMLConfiguration
- rename DOMConfiguration into XMLConfiguration
- remove DOM4JConfiguration
- rename HierarchicalDOMConfiguration into HierarchicalXMLConfiguration
- remove HierarchicalDOM4JConfiguration
- change ConfigurationFactory to handle the 'xml' and 'hierarchicalXml'
elements instead of 'dom4j' and 'hierarchicalDom4j'
- documentation update
- unit test update (classes and test files)

It doesn't remove completely the dependency on dom4j,
ConfigurationXMLDocument still use it to convert a configuration into a
dom4j document and I don't plan to remove this feature. However two
distinct classes to convert a configuration into a DOM document and a
dom4j would be better imho. I also consider moving the xml related
classes (*XMLReader & *XMLDocument) to an xml sub package, I believe
theses classes are not central to the [configuration] goal and deserve a
sub package.

If nobody objects I'll apply the patch tomorrow.

Emmanuel Bourg

RE: [configuration] Removal of DOM4JConfiguration

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com>.
Sounds great!