Posted to user@jspwiki.apache.org by Wyllys Ingersoll <wy...@sun.com> on 2009/03/21 15:22:27 UTC

baseURL when mixing SSL and non-SSL

Does JSPWiki get confused by having both SSL and non-SSL access to the wiki?

For example, my main site URL is: http://foo.bar.com
I want to secure the Login page so passwords are not passed around in the clear, so
my login happens at https://foo.bar.com/Login.jsp?redirect=Main

Once the users are logged in, I would prefer to switch them back to a non-SSL
connection. Is this possible to do without confusing JSPWiki and losing track
of the session and logged-in information?

thanks,
  Wyllys

RE: baseURL when mixing SSL and non-SSL

Posted by "Hobbs, Joseph" <Jo...@53.com>.
The error ssl_error_rx_record_too_long is thrown by Firefox when you hit
a non SSL enabled site via HTTPS://....  Follow up your host and see
what needs to be done.  I'd expect you'll have to provide them an SSL
certificate, which they would place on your server as appropriate.

Joseph Hobbs
IDM Lead : Lead Technology Architect
Identity Management Systems
Fifth Third Bank