Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Andrew Ofisher <an...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/17 03:22:27 UTC

Flash and Tacos?

Not sure if anyone else experiences this...I'm using Tapestry 4.0.2, Tacos
(latest from svn), and Firefox 1.5.0.6 and Konqueror on Fedora Core 5
x86_64.

It seems that by default, dojo requires Flash and on a browser that doesn't
have flash (Anything on 64-bit linux, thanks a lot adobe/macromedia), my
site refuses to render at all.  Only after I added disableFlashStorage: true
to djconfig did it  render the page properly and allow me to use my site.

Is this how the default behavior should be?  And if so, can we put this in
the Wiki or FAQ for others like me so they don't have to search endlessly
for an answer...I found one obscure reference on the dev list that led me to
this solution.

Also, is this how 4.1 acts too?  I haven't tried 4.1 out yet...

Thanks,
Andrew Ofisher

Re: Flash and Tacos?

Posted by Andrew Ofisher <an...@gmail.com>.
Also, latest version of the flash plugin on linux fixes it.  I just
downloaded it from adobe/macromedia and no more crash.

Re: Flash and Tacos?

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
Ah great!

Knowing that you can launch ff in gdb and the fact that you had to find out
what the problem was probably hints at you making a great Tapestry dev :)

We'd welcome any newcomers to the team.(might have to do a few patches and
such to show your design chops but everyone does ...unless you have another
project where they can be seen)

Re: Flash and Tacos?

Posted by Andrew Ofisher <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: Flash and Tacos?

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.

Re: Flash and Tacos?

Posted by Andrew Ofisher <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: Flash and Tacos?

Posted by Andrew Ofisher <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: Flash and Tacos?

Posted by Andrew Ofisher <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: Flash and Tacos?

Posted by andyhot <an...@di.uoa.gr>.
Jesse, i also had the same issue (page rendered blank) in
Windows 2003 Server + IE6
when flash plugin was missing and (perhaps) security was set high

Re: Flash and Tacos?

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.

Re: Flash and Tacos?

Posted by Andrew Ofisher <an...@gmail.com>.