Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Mark Sullivan <ma...@sobekdigital.com> on 2018/01/17 12:24:49 UTC

Multi-core logging - can't tell which core?

I am migrating a good number of cores over to the latest instance of solr (well, 7.1.0) installed locally.  It is working well, but my code is occasionally sending requests to search or index an old field that was replaced in the schema.

I see this in the logging, but I can't determine which core the log comes from.   How can I tell which core is receiving the offending requests?

Many thanks in advance!

Mark

Re: Multi-core logging - can't tell which core?

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.
On 1/17/2018 5:24 AM, Mark Sullivan wrote:
> I am migrating a good number of cores over to the latest instance of solr (well, 7.1.0) installed locally.  It is working well, but my code is occasionally sending requests to search or index an old field that was replaced in the schema.
>
> I see this in the logging, but I can't determine which core the log comes from.   How can I tell which core is receiving the offending requests?

Whatever you are referring to is not here.  The mailing list eats most
attachments -- they don't make it through.

If you edit server/etc/jetty.xml you'll find a commented out section
that enables request logging.  Remove the comment marks, restart Solr,
and you'll get a log in server/logs that will include the source address
for all requests.  You won't be able to tell which core sent the
request, but narrowing it down to which server sent the request will
probably be enough to investigate further.  You will need to make sure
that you have good time synchronization on the servers so that
timestamps in logs will match up.

Thanks,
Shawn