Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by "Kelcey Damage (BBITS)" <ke...@bbits.ca> on 2012/07/31 02:32:12 UTC

Importing secondary storage

It would be great if we could look at creating a system (even just a utility
script) that would allow us to re-attach a secondary storage server and
salvage existing templates housed on it.

I'm thinking it could crawl the template tree and prompt the user for a new
z/p/c to attach the templates to.

If anyone is interested in trying to make this, that would be awesome.

Thanks

Kelcey Jamison-Damage

Infrastructure Systems Architect

Backbone Technology | Backbone Datavault | Backbone IT Services

55 East 7th Ave Vancouver - BC Canada V5T 1M4

 <ma...@bbits.ca> kelcey@bbits.ca | 604-331-1152 ext. 114

Re: Importing secondary storage

Posted by "Kelceydamage@bbits" <ke...@bbits.ca>.
Thanks for the info. I have not been able to get this to work on my KVM backed cloud, but I will keep trying.

Normally when I recycle SS, it just ignores all templates stored on it. This is even with fresh DB installs where there is no way unique names will be duplicated.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Chiradeep Vittal <Ch...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl>.