Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by David Goodenough <da...@kixeye.com> on 2013/10/25 20:08:17 UTC

WIN32 startup bugfix

At the top of zookeeper_init, a call in made to log_env(); immediately
prior to the WIN32 guarded block that calls WSAStartup().  The call to
log_env() calls gethostname(), which fails under WIN32 because WSAStartup()
hasn't been called yet.

Proposed fix, move the call to log_env() immediately below the WIN32
guarded block.  I have tried this locally working with the current 3.4.5
source, it does solve the problem.

     David Goodenough

Re: WIN32 startup bugfix

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
Hi David, would it be possible for you to create a bug report and
submit a patch?
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ZOOKEEPER/HowToContribute

Thanks!