Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Giovanni Mesturini <jo...@yahoo.it> on 2006/03/02 17:10:29 UTC

Delete a dir set

Hi Community,

I have to remove all CVS references from a tree. I've
tried this:

<delete>
<fileset dir="${cvs-module}" includes="**/CVS"/>
</delete>

in order to delete all CVS directories from my local
module, but it doesn't work.

How can I delete all CVS dirs spread inside my
dir-tree?

thanks very much
Jo

RE: Delete a dir set

Posted by kinjal <ki...@lionbridge.com>.
Hi Giovanni,

I suggest you to include the task defaultexcludes="no" with
 <delete>
 <fileset dir="${cvs-module}" includes="**/CVS"/>
 </delete>

e.g. <delete>
     <fileset dir="${cvs-module}" includes="**/CVS"/
	defaultexcludes="no">
     </delete>
 Refere the ant manual for proper syntax.

What Bill had suggested I agree with him.

Kinjal Vohra
Telephone:+91 22 5556 7139
Cell         :+91 9867 240708

Posted by Giovanni Mesturini <jo...@yahoo.it>.

RE: Delete a dir set

Posted by bill/wilandra <bi...@wilandra.com>.

Re: Delete a dir set

Posted by Jeffrey E Care <ca...@us.ibm.com>.
You need to play with the default excludes.

Jeffrey E. (Jeff) Care
carej@us.ibm.com
IBM WebSphere Application Server Development
WAS Pyxis Lead Release Engineer