Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com> on 2005/04/06 20:04:06 UTC

with-apr and with-apr-util

Hi,

I took the daring approach and install apr,apr-util,apr-iconv from SVN trunk
in /home/pgollucci/dev/inst/{apr, apr-util,apr-iconv}

Previously, I add installed subversion via pkg_add -r subversion on my
FreeBSD 6-current/i386
box with installed apr and apr-util in /usr/local ..... but the NON
THREADED versions.

Now back to my "developement" I now try to build httpd2 from SVN trunk
and install in /home/pgolluci/dev/inst/httpd2/prefork
My configure line is like
.... ./configure --with-apr=/home/pgollucci/dev/inst/apr/bin/apr-1-config \
    --with-apr-util=/home/pgollucci/dev/inst/apr-util/bin/apu-1-config

despite doing this the apr/apr-util in /usr/local are linked against IN
ADDITION to the ones
in the SVN checkouts which I verified via ldd on. HTTPD still built
amazingly but only when I compile it without threads as the ones in
/usr/local are linked first.  In fact the only way I could get it to use
my SVN apr/apr-util was to put them in srclib.  The other location ../
didn't event work.

Is that intentional ?

--
END
Philip M. Gollucci

Re: with-apr and with-apr-util

Posted by Wilfredo Sánchez <ws...@apple.com>.
On Apr 6, 2005, at 11:04 AM, Philip M. Gollucci wrote:

> despite doing this the apr/apr-util in /usr/local are linked against
> IN ADDITION to the ones
> in the SVN checkouts which I verified via ldd on. HTTPD still built
> amazingly but only when I compile it without threads as the ones in
> /usr/local are linked first.  In fact the only way I could get it to
> use my SVN apr/apr-util was to put them in srclib.  The other location
> ../ didn't event work.
>
> Is that intentional ?

   If it is, it shouldn't be.  :-)

     -wsv