Posted to users@maven.apache.org by jgruber <jo...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/22 17:38:02 UTC

axistools:wsdl2java

Whenever I try to run the axistoos:wsdl2java action I get the following:

Feb 22, 2012 10:31:52 AM org.apache.axis.utils.JavaUtils
isAttachmentSupported
WARNING: Unable to find required classes (javax.activation.DataHandler and
javax.mail.internet.MimeMultipart). Attachment support is disabled.

In real-life I just needed to have javax.mail and javax.activation in my
class path when I generated my sources and I don't get this.  In my pom.xml
I have:

    <dependency>
      <groupId>javax.activation</groupId>
      <artifactId>activation</artifactId>
      <version>1.1.1</version>
      <scope>generate-sources</scope>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
       <groupId>javax.mail</groupId>
       <artifactId>mail</artifactId>
       <version>1.4.4</version>
       <scope>generate-sources</scope>
    </dependency>

I've tried every scope I can think of to get these dependencies to be part
of the class path for the axistool:wsdl2java action, but can't seem to make
it work.

Anyone have any advice why these dependencies are not showing up to the
axistool module action?

Help...

Thanks,

John

Re: axistools:wsdl2java

Posted by John Patrick <nh...@gmail.com>.
I believe to fix your issue you need to add them as a dependency of
the plugin, so similar to below.

   [...]
   <build>
      [...]
      <plugins>
         [...]
         <plugin>
            <groupId>org.apache.axis2</groupId>
            <artifactId>axis2-wsdl2code-maven-plugin</artifactId>
            [...]
            <dependencies>
<!-- ***** add dependencies here ***** -->
            </dependencies>
         </plugin>
[...]

John

Re: axistools:wsdl2java

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> Generate-sources is a phase, not a dependency scope.

This is correct, but ideally he would move the <dependencies> so they
are inside the <plugin> declaration since he only needs these
dependencies for the execution of the plugin.

> Get rid of that for a start. I'm surprised maven even allowed that. I
> guess it accepts anything there.

Yes, Maven accepts anything there, a fact which some plugin authors
(FlexMojos) have taken advantage of:
https://docs.sonatype.org/display/FLEXMOJOS/Adding+libraries+to+compilation

I am not a fan of this but it has been discussed in JIRA and Maven3
simply reports a warning but does not fail with an error:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-3991

Wayne

RE: axistools:wsdl2java

Posted by Matt Walsh <mw...@chartwelltechnology.com>.
Generate-sources is a phase, not a dependency scope.

Get rid of that for a start. I'm surprised maven even allowed that. I
guess it accepts anything there.

This message, including any attachments, is confidential and contains information intended only for the person(s) named above. Any other distribution, copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by reply email and permanently delete the original transmission from all of your systems and hard drives, including any attachments, without making a copy.