Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Antoine Levy-Lambert <an...@gmx.de> on 2008/03/12 23:40:11 UTC

using Ivy.resolve programmatically

Hi,

I must be missing something.

We are still on ivy-2.0.0-alpha2 (sorry that we did not upgrade yet).

I try to reproduce in a separate java class (a CruiseControl custom plugin) what the Ant task ivy:resolve does.

I see some output looking like the normal output of ivy resolve. But afterwards, I see a message indicating a number of modules to sort, and messages containing this string Non matching revision detected when sorting.

In the end, there are a lot of dependencies which are missing from my ResolveReport instance. Am I doing anything wrong ? Is there a magic API call to do to get the complete list of dependencies ?

Regards,

Antoine

     [java] 	|       emma       |   1   |   0   |   0   |   0   ||   2   |   0   |

     [java] 	|      aspectj     |   2   |   0   |   0   |   0   ||   1   |   0   |

     [java] 	|   binaryaspect   |   1   |   0   |   0   |   0   ||   1   |   0   |

     [java] 	|     platform     |   1   |   0   |   0   |   0   ||   2   |   0   |

     [java] 	|      default     |   0   |   0   |   0   |   0   ||   0   |   0   |

     [java] 	---------------------------------------------------------------------

     [java] Nbr of module to sort : 35

     [java] Sort dependencies of : [ acme | ctaspects | 5.1 | CTASPECTS_5.1.0.579 ] / Number of dependencies = 2

     [java] Non matching revision detected when sorting.  [ acme | ctWebClient ] depends on [ apache | oro | 5.1 | 2.0.8 ], doesn't match [ apache | oro | 5.1 | 2.0.6 ]

Re: using Ivy.resolve programmatically

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 11:40 PM, Antoine Levy-Lambert <an...@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I must be missing something.
>
>  We are still on ivy-2.0.0-alpha2 (sorry that we did not upgrade yet).
>
>  I try to reproduce in a separate java class (a CruiseControl custom plugin) what the Ant task ivy:resolve does.
>
>  I see some output looking like the normal output of ivy resolve. But afterwards, I see a message indicating a number of modules to sort, and messages containing this string Non matching revision detected when sorting.
>
>  In the end, there are a lot of dependencies which are missing from my ResolveReport instance. Am I doing anything wrong ? Is there a magic API call to do to get the complete list of dependencies ?
There's nothing magic... If you want to understand precisely how Ivy
itself interpret the ResolveReport I suggest having a look at the
report outputter (LogReportOutputter and XmlReportOutputter). If you
post an example of what you're doing we may help trying to see what
can be wrong.

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/