Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Marc <ma...@web.de> on 2015/11/12 22:56:29 UTC

Wicket & Spring Boot

Hi all,
it's my first post, so I'm hopefully subscribed to the mailing list.

Is there currently any Spring Boot integration support?

I've started with a Spring Boot Wicket integration:  wicket-spring-boot
<https://github.com/MarcGiffing/wicket-spring-boot>  .

Besides the maven pom.xml you currently only need thisconfiguration class:
WicketApplication.java
<https://github.com/MarcGiffing/wicket-spring-boot/blob/master/wicket-spring-boot-starter-example/src/main/java/com/giffing/wicket/spring/boot/example/WicketApplication.java>
to get a full working wicket application. You only have to execute the main
method. You should get a default login page and a simple home page. Spring
security is automatically configured in a default configuration. Within a
property file you can switch between deployment or development configruation

wicket.configurationType=DEPLOYMENT
wicket.compressHTMLEnabled=true  HTMLCompressingConfig.java
<https://github.com/MarcGiffing/wicket-spring-boot/blob/master/wicket-spring-boot-starter/src/main/java/com/giffing/wicket/spring/boot/starter/configuration/extensions/HTMLCompressingConfig.java>
wicket.statelessCheckerEnabled=true  StatelessCheckerConfig.java
<https://github.com/MarcGiffing/wicket-spring-boot/blob/master/wicket-spring-boot-starter/src/main/java/com/giffing/wicket/spring/boot/starter/configuration/extensions/StatelessCheckerConfig.java>

My main goal was to learn a bit about Spring Boot but maybe its interessing
for somone in the Wicket community

GreetsMarc

Re: Wicket & Spring Boot

Posted by Andrew Geery <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Marc

That's cool!

I made a Wicket + Spring Boot "Getting Started"-style guide a couple of
months ago: https://github.com/ageery/getting-started-guides/tree/wicket.
The code is on the wicket branch in the complete directory.

It's a filterable data table with ajax CRUD functionality, built on Spring
Boot, Spring Data JPA, Wicket 7, Java 8 and Wicket Bootstrap.

It was inspired by the Vaadin + Spring Boot CRUD example:
https://spring.io/guides/gs/crud-with-vaadin/

Andrew

Re: Wicket & Spring Boot

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.