Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Luis campo <lc...@hotmail.com> on 2009/09/29 20:44:48 UTC

Problem with SA

Dear Sirs,

I have a problem with the SA, I have added the option Spam-x since that time the SA is no return emails, no subject or message body,

prodria be the problem which.

greetings
Discover the new Windows Vista

Re: Questions about SA

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.
On 02.10.09 09:32, Jose Luis Marin Perez wrote:
>  - How to calculate the amount of memory and CPU used by each process Spamd?

very hardly without running multiple spamd processes. It also depends on
sizes of mails checked.
LSD will make your ECS screen display 16.7 million colors

Re: Questions about SA

Posted by Igor Bogomazov <bi...@hl.ru>.
> On Fri, 2 Oct 2009, Jose Luis Marin Perez wrote:
>
> > - Approximately 85% of spam are in Spanish, this can be a problem
> > for SpamAssassin?
>
> Possibly. Most of the default rules and most third-party rules are
> for English. This would tend to reduce your hit rate, but a
> properly-trained Bayes would help correct that.
>
> I don't know if anybody is generating third-party rules for
> spanish-language spam...

I use SA for filtering Russian spam, and I have no complaints.

--
С уважением,

Igor Bogomazov
Игорь Богомазов
Главный технический специалист
HighLink Ltd. St-Petersburg, Russia
8(812)334-12-12 [доб. 220]
8(963)344-44-38 (Билайн)
http://www.hl.ru

Re: Questions about SA

Posted by John Hardin <jh...@impsec.org>.
On Fri, 2 Oct 2009, Jose Luis Marin Perez wrote:

> - Approximately 85% of spam are in Spanish, this can be a problem for
>   SpamAssassin?

Possibly. Most of the default rules and most third-party rules are for
English. This would tend to reduce your hit rate, but a properly-trained
Bayes would help correct that.

I don't know if anybody is generating third-party rules for
spanish-language spam...

> - Which tool can I use to get statistics of SpamAssassin, I am currently
>   using the script "sa-stats.pl".

sa-stats.pl is a good tool to get your local rule performance.

   Gun Control laws cannot reduce violent crime, because gun control
   laws assume a violent criminal will obey the law.
  Approximately 9085920 firearms legally purchased in the U.S. this year

Questions about SA

Posted by Jose Luis Marin Perez <jo...@hotmail.com>.
I have some questions:

 - How to calculate the amount of memory and CPU used by each process Spamd?
 - Approximately 85% of spam are in Spanish, this can be a problem for SpamAssassin?
 - Which tool can I use to get statistics of SpamAssassin, I am currently using the script "sa-stats.pl".

Thanks

Jose Luis

Re: Problem with SA

Posted by John Hardin <jh...@impsec.org>.
On Tue, 29 Sep 2009, Luis campo wrote:

> I have a problem with the SA, I have added the option Spam-x since that
> time the SA is no return emails, no subject or message body,

Whatever is calling spamc is not responding properly to an error code from
spamc. Since this is causing lost messages, remove -x from the spamc
command line.

   Efficiency can magnify good, but it magnifies evil just as well.
   So, we should not be surprised to find that modern electronic
   communication magnifies stupidity as *efficiently* as it magnifies
   intelligence.                                   -- Robert A. Matern
  Approximately 8990700 firearms legally purchased in the U.S. this year

Re: Problem with SA

Posted by Kevin Parris <KP...@ed.sc.gov>.
That doesn't look much like a SpamAssassin option there, to me.

Perhaps you may get more useful responses if you give us more detail about your system configuration.

What mailserver are you running?

How does it invoke SpamAssassin?

Do you have a virus scanner installed?

What operating system do you use?