Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Prashant Saraf <ps...@cctc.com> on 2008/03/26 11:51:57 UTC

Use of ExtJS

Hi,

Can we use ExtJS with Struts 2 Tags?

Regards,
Prashant.

Re: Use of ExtJS

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
--- Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> so a conversion from Dojo to GWT ?

I think ExtJS, if the subject line is any indication.

> you would first have to scan all ftl
> e.g. here are the contents of head.ftl
> <script type="text/javascript"
>         src="<@s.url value='/struts/ajax/dojoRequire.js'
> includeParams='none' encode='false'  />"></script>
>
> then replace ALL instances of Dojo's javascript .js with GWT equivalent

That's certainly amongst the first steps, but there are so many other steps
that are so much more complicated that it doesn't really seem worth
mentioning.

> You might be pleasantly surprised by the features and functions that Dojo
> 1.0 has to offer..

But S2 doesn't use Dojo 1.0, so the tags aren't particularly relevant.

Dave

Re: Use of ExtJS

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
so a conversion from Dojo to GWT ?

you would first have to scan all ftl
e.g. here are the contents of head.ftl
<script type="text/javascript"
        src="<@s.url value='/struts/ajax/dojoRequire.js'
includeParams='none' encode='false'  />"></script>

then replace ALL instances of Dojo's javascript .js with GWT equivalent

Before attempting this conversion is there a specific component or feature
you're looking for ?
You might be pleasantly surprised by the features and functions that Dojo
1.0 has to offer..

?
Martin-

Re: Use of ExtJS

Posted by Frans Thamura <fr...@meruvian.org>.

Re: Use of ExtJS

Posted by Alvaro Sanchez-Mariscal <al...@gmail.com>.
>  Can we use ExtJS with Struts 2 Tags?

Nope. However, you can use ExtJS (or any other) directly without S2 ajax tags.

Alvaro.

--
Alvaro Sanchez-Mariscal Arnaiz
Java EE Architect & Instructor