Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org> on 2006/09/11 01:20:16 UTC

Shared and API circular dependency, related to (MYFACES-1406)

Wendy,
The circular dependency between the API and shared projects is a little
concerning.  Is this something that can be easily be fixed?

Since the dependency is marked as "provided", does this eliminate the
circular depenency issues in Maven?

I use Eclipse and the Maven Eclipse plugin to generated the Eclipse
project files.  Currently the shared projects reference the 1.1.1
version of the API.  The means the debuggers and the other tools in the
Eclipse are using 1.1.1 API.  Like you said the API does not change, but
use of an older version it can be confusing.

Paul Spencer