Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org> on 2013/08/30 06:05:11 UTC

Towards a stable Airavata API

Hi All,

As we march towards to 1.0 release, an important aspect will be to design and sustain the Airavata API which can survive between major versions.

I think we have been having the Java API and the Rest Interfaces from few releases but with minimal feedback and discussion. How about we come up with Mock interfaces? we can pick a mock approach [1] which is more relevant, but I think we should get feedback from real-world usage of Airavata. So the client samples should sustain into the actual code and once we agree upon stable server side interfaces, we can plug the same clients.

So we do not distract the main code trunk, how about we create a new evaluation area in svn and start working on these mock's?

Suresh

[1] - http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2004/02/11/mocks.html