Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Martin Wilson <ma...@bn2web.com> on 2002/09/09 14:39:22 UTC

problem with nested (struts) iterate tags with Tomcat 4.1.10

Hi,

I have recently installed Tomcat 4.1.10, having previously used Tomcat
4.0.4. We're using Struts 1.0.2.
Some of our jsp pages give the following error:

Generated servlet error:
    [javac] Compiling 1 source file
D:\jakarta\jakarta-tomcat-latest\work\Standalone\localhost\collection\jsp\al
l_exhibitions_jsp.java:459: _jspx_exhibition_in_type_1 is already defined in
_jspService(javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest,javax.servlet.http.HttpSer
vletResponse)
              java.lang.Object _jspx_exhibition_in_type_1 =
exhibition_in_type;

The problem appears to be whenever <struts-logic:iterate> tags are nested.
In the servlet generated from the jsp pages I can see the problem: the
variable used to refer to the current object in the iteration is defined at
the top of the _jspService method, and at the start of the iterate block.
Is this a known issue with 4.1.10? It doesn't happen with 4.1.9.
Thanks,
Martin.