Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Lance Java <la...@googlemail.com> on 2012/04/13 10:39:05 UTC

Re: Tomcat 7 deployment TapestryModule.RequestExceptionHandler Processing of request failed with uncaught exception: Component Index does not contain embedded component 'jsp'.

I know it's not ideal but you could deploy an exploded war.

Posted by netdawg <ne...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks.  YES, commenting out  yui-compressor dependency in pom.xml eliminates
the first error above.

Posted by Lance Java <la...@googlemail.com>.
I think you've now hit this https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-1729

Try commenting out the following in your pom.xml
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.tapestry</groupId>
            <artifactId>tapestry-yuicompressor</artifactId>
            <version>${tapestry-release-version}</version>
        </dependency>

Posted by netdawg <ne...@yahoo.com>.
And now empty welcome file list in application does NOT work.  Make sense,
since the server will just default upward from application to container
level default list.  I win ;-)

Posted by netdawg <ne...@yahoo.com>.
I posted in Tomcat forum and got this response - have not tested - posting
here as-is, use at your own risk:

> If a file named index.jsp is declared as a welcome and it is not there in
> the system,
> tomcat does not allow failover to framework like Tapestry.

It sounds like behaviour that can be controlled by "resourceOnlyServlets"
option in <Context>,
See  http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/context.html

The current behaviour is caused by compatibility concerns with earlier
versions of Tomcat. Read the doc for more details.

>  However, if a file named Bienvenue.jsp is declared as welcome file, the
> failover is allowed.

Unlikely. You have to provide specific example to confirm that. The above
mentioned option could explain that as well.

> However    <welcome-file-list />
> is ignored and server picks up default values in
> ${Tomcat.home}/conf/web.xml

conf/web.xml is not just default. It is merged with app's web.xml using the
rules for merging web fragments, as specified in the Servlet 3.0 Rev.a
specification.  If current behaviour contradicts with
specification, please cite what point in merging algorithm is not followed.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

Posted by netdawg <ne...@yahoo.com>.
Agree.  Welcome file list is probably the cleanest (standards-based) fix.

    <welcome-file-list>
     <welcome-file />
    </welcome-file-list>

This seems to tell Tomcat "there are no welcome files" ...

In fact, seems like you can set welcome file to any arbitrary component and
it will still pick up Tapestry Index.

For instance,

        <welcome-file>index</welcome-file>

Or,

        <welcome-file>about</welcome-file>

Note that there is an about component in newapp - still picks up Index (?!)
- seems like anything here is ignored.

Or,

        <welcome-file>Burger King in Moscow</welcome-file>

All of of the above are equivalent.

However a physical file name with extension,

        <welcome-file>Bienvenue.jsp</welcome-file>

will work whether or not there is a Bienvenue.jsp (i.e. go to Bienvenue.jsp
if present, failover to Index when not).

The ONLY filename that generates the error (does NOT failover to Index when
no in system)

        <welcome-file>index.jsp</welcome-file>

The htm and html extensions to index are OK...meaning failover to Index if
not present just like the "french" verison.

I think we have beaten this to death,  thanks guys.

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.
welcome-file-list element is a standard part of web.xml. index.jsp is
the default value for it at the container level of Tomcat, so setting
the value to "index" in a Tapestry5 application is the correct option.
Looks like we are missing the configuration from the archetype, I'll
fix it for the next version.

Kalle

Posted by Lance Java <la...@googlemail.com>.
Have you tried:

Posted by Lance Java <la...@googlemail.com>.
How about getting rid of index.jsp and adding "index" to your web.xml in
the welcome file list. I'm assuming tomcat will try your config before the
default

Posted by netdawg <ne...@yahoo.com>.
Nope forward does not work, tried that first  (see previous post).

Posted by Lance Java <la...@googlemail.com>.
Redirect will cause an extra request and will change the URL in the
browser. Try forward instead

Posted by netdawg <ne...@yahoo.com>.
Placing index.jsp with the following in it solves the problem:

<%
  response.sendRedirect("Index");
%>

No need to jury rig the configuration.

Posted by Lance Java <la...@googlemail.com>.
Perhaps you can override the tomcat defaults by adding an empty
<welcome-file-list /> to your web.xml

Then no tapestry config required?

Posted by netdawg <ne...@yahoo.com>.
YES, that worked.  Sort of.

Root URL is not found, but if pulled up as Index, no mo [ERROR].
Specifically,

http://localhost:8080/newapp/  leads to HTTP 404 error - page not found

However,

http://localhost:8080/newapp/Index  works (?!)

Sorry to be picky....Here is the quote from

http://tapestry.apache.org/configuration.html#Configuration-Changestoweb.xml
http://tapestry.apache.org/configuration.html#Configuration-Changestoweb.xml

User Guide wrote

> Tapestry Requests vs. Container Requests
>
> The Tapestry filter matches all the requests that apply to Tapestry, and
> passes the rest off to the servlet container. In situations where there
> would be a naming conflict, */actual files inside the web application take
> precedence over Tapestry pages./* (*)
>
> *Tapestry recognizes the root URL, where the servlet path is simply "/",
> and renders the application page "Index", if it exists.* (which is the
> case with newapp...it has an Index component, but that is NOT what T5 is
> doing) (**)

(*)meaning an index.jsp inside web app would intercept the request meant for
the Index component?  Guess what, it does...! )

(**) This contradicts (*) - I think we just discovered that this may not be
working as advertised in (and probably not just in) Tomcat 7...unless
configured to ignore welcome file list as advised.

Basically, the root URL is not pulling up Index (first/before other
resources)...and Tapestry is AMBIGUOUS about the precedence - at least in
the manual.

One would think the simplest fix would be to put an index.jsp in the newapp
folder with a jsp forward to Index, as follows:

<jsp:forward page="/Index" />

But, sure enough, that does NOT work...would be too easy ;-).

Nevertheless, good work.  This has been fun.  Yes, the JIRA 1904 may be
closed...with the proper explanation  of the workaround (as you guys see
fit).

Posted by Lance Java <la...@googlemail.com>.
Please try the following:

public static void contributeIgnoredPathsFilter(Configuration<String>
configuration) {
   configuration.add("/index\\.(?:html|htm|jsp)");
}

If it works, we'll close the JIRA and put some tomcat specific
documentation somewhere

Posted by netdawg <ne...@yahoo.com>.
Yes, this may indeed be the temporary workaround.  Since it is limited to the
application, and not the entire server/container, this is the preferred fix.
Much Thanks for fleshing this out.

Posted by netdawg <ne...@yahoo.com>.
YES.  That solves the problem indeed.  BUT, no thanks ;-).  This fix will
almost certainly break many other applications on the production server and
I am pretty sure the community shares my sentiment.  Unfortunately, T5 will
need to address this.   JIRA created:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-1904

Posted by Lance Java <la...@googlemail.com>.
Another option might be to tell tapestry to ignore the welcome file list

public static void contributeIgnoredPathsFilter(Configuration<String>
configuration) {
   configuration.add("(index\\.html)|(index\\.htm)|(index\\.jsp)");
}

http://tapestry.apache.org/configuration.html#Configuration-ConfiguringIgnoredPaths

Posted by Lance Java <la...@googlemail.com>.
It looks like you will need to remove all entries from the
<welcome-file-list> in $TOMCAT_HOME/conf/web.xml

See "How do I override the default home page loaded by Tomcat?" here
http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/HowTo

Posted by netdawg <ne...@yahoo.com>.
Here is the complete access log from Tomcat 7 (I pulled up about then index
...  captured in 2nd last tine...and then about again)...not sure (yet) what
the server config should be ...  and if that is even advisable since in
production there are other apps to contend with ...

127.0.0.1 - - [13/Apr/2012:00:05:11 -1000] "GET / HTTP/1.1" 200 7388
127.0.0.1 - - [13/Apr/2012:00:05:28 -1000] "GET /manager/html HTTP/1.1" 401
2542
127.0.0.1 - admin [13/Apr/2012:00:05:35 -1000] "GET /manager/html HTTP/1.1"
200 13364
127.0.0.1 - admin [13/Apr/2012:00:05:41 -1000] "POST
/manager/html/undeploy?path=/newapp&org.apache.catalina.filters.CSRF_NONCE=5E267AF1A2CF07C36BE4802B8A7190CF
HTTP/1.1" 200 11831
127.0.0.1 - admin [13/Apr/2012:00:05:50 -1000] "POST
/manager/html/upload?org.apache.catalina.filters.CSRF_NONCE=89C1AF8973D749095B555ADE319A1CE8
HTTP/1.1" 200 13364
127.0.0.1 - - [13/Apr/2012:00:06:23 -1000] "GET /newapp/about HTTP/1.1" 200
1021
127.0.0.1 - - [13/Apr/2012:00:06:24 -1000] "GET
/newapp/assets/1.0-SNAPSHOT/tapestry/tapestry-console.css HTTP/1.1" 200 267
127.0.0.1 - - [13/Apr/2012:00:06:24 -1000] "GET
/newapp/assets/1.0-SNAPSHOT/tapestry/t5-alerts.css HTTP/1.1" 200 334
127.0.0.1 - - [13/Apr/2012:00:06:24 -1000] "GET
/newapp/assets/1.0-SNAPSHOT/tapestry/tree.css HTTP/1.1" 200 422
127.0.0.1 - - [13/Apr/2012:00:06:24 -1000] "GET
/newapp/assets/1.0-SNAPSHOT/ctx/layout/layout.css HTTP/1.1" 200 1224
127.0.0.1 - - [13/Apr/2012:00:06:24 -1000] "GET
/newapp/assets/1.0-SNAPSHOT/stack/en/core.js HTTP/1.1" 200 82756
127.0.0.1 - - [13/Apr/2012:00:06:24 -1000] "GET
/newapp/assets/1.0-SNAPSHOT/ctx/layout/images/img01.jpg HTTP/1.1" 200 752
127.0.0.1 - - [13/Apr/2012:00:06:24 -1000] "GET
/newapp/assets/1.0-SNAPSHOT/ctx/layout/images/img10.gif HTTP/1.1" 200 1344
127.0.0.1 - - [13/Apr/2012:00:06:24 -1000] "GET
/newapp/assets/1.0-SNAPSHOT/ctx/layout/images/img08.gif HTTP/1.1" 200 297
127.0.0.1 - - [13/Apr/2012:00:11:49 -1000] "GET /newapp/about HTTP/1.1" 200
1021
127.0.0.1 - - [13/Apr/2012:00:11:57 -1000] "GET /newapp/ HTTP/1.1" 500 288
127.0.0.1 - - [13/Apr/2012:00:12:16 -1000] "GET /newapp/about HTTP/1.1" 200
1021

Posted by Lance Java <la...@googlemail.com>.
Inspect the HTTP logs, is Tomcat trying to redirect from root to some other
page (index.jsp or something)?

There might be some config in tomcat that you can tweak / remove.

Posted by netdawg <ne...@yahoo.com>.
Indeed.  But it is the reference implementation of the servlet standard.  In
other words, the "fault" is not with Tomcat...even if it probably is.

Posted by Lance Java <la...@googlemail.com>.
The tapestry source code does not have a single reference to "jsp". I think
that tomcat might be trying to "help" somehow.

Posted by netdawg <ne...@yahoo.com>.
YES, about link works, with errors in logs, both in Tomcat 7 and 5, (and the
index page continues to barf in Tomcat 7).  Here is the corresponding
stacktrace:

First [ERROR] is from About page (renders fine though).  Second, now
familiar, [ERROR] is generated by clicking on Index link from About page

Application 'app' (version 1.0-SNAPSHOT) startup time: 234 ms to build IoC
Regis
try, 780 ms overall.

 ______                  __             ____
/_  __/__ ____  ___ ___ / /_______ __  / __/
 / / / _ `/ _ \/ -_|_-</ __/ __/ // / /__ \
/_/  \_,_/ .__/\__/___/\__/_/  \_, / /____/
        /_/                   /___/  5.3.2

Apr 12, 2012 11:39:37 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig
deployDirectory
INFO: Deploying web application directory ROOT
Apr 12, 2012 11:39:37 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProtocol start
INFO: Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
Apr 12, 2012 11:39:37 PM org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpAprProtocol start
INFO: Starting Coyote AJP/1.3 on ajp-8009
Apr 12, 2012 11:39:37 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
INFO: Server startup in 1434 ms
[INFO] AppModule.TimingFilter Request time: 1092 ms
[INFO] AppModule.TimingFilter Request time: 46 ms
[INFO] AppModule.TimingFilter Request time: 46 ms
[INFO] AppModule.TimingFilter Request time: 46 ms
[INFO] AppModule.TimingFilter Request time: 46 ms
[ERROR] AssetsModule.ResourceMinimizer Exception minimizing 'core'
JavaScript st
ack, for locale en,
resources=classpath:org/apache/tapestry5/underscore_1_1_7.js
, classpath:org/apache/tapestry5/scriptaculous_1_9_0/prototype.js,
classpath:org
/apache/tapestry5/scriptaculous_1_9_0/scriptaculous.js,
classpath:org/apache/tap
estry5/scriptaculous_1_9_0/effects.js,
classpath:org/apache/tapestry5/t5-core.js
, classpath:org/apache/tapestry5/t5-spi.js,
classpath:org/apache/tapestry5/t5-pr
ototype.js, classpath:org/apache/tapestry5/t5-init.js,
classpath:org/apache/tape
stry5/t5-pubsub.js, classpath:org/apache/tapestry5/t5-events.js,
classpath:org/a
pache/tapestry5/t5-dom.js, classpath:org/apache/tapestry5/t5-console.js,
classpa
th:org/apache/tapestry5/t5-ajax.js,
classpath:org/apache/tapestry5/t5-formfragme
nt.js, classpath:org/apache/tapestry5/t5-alerts.js,
classpath:org/apache/tapestr
y5/tapestry.js, classpath:org/apache/tapestry5/tapestry-console.js,
classpath:or
g/apache/tapestry5/tree.js,
classpath:org/apache/tapestry5/tapestry-messages.js:
 java.util.EmptyStackException
java.util.EmptyStackException
        at java.util.Stack.peek(Stack.java:85)
        at
com.yahoo.platform.yui.compressor.JavaScriptCompressor.getCurrentScop
e(JavaScriptCompressor.java:559)
        at
com.yahoo.platform.yui.compressor.JavaScriptCompressor.printSymbolTre
e(JavaScriptCompressor.java:1105)
        at
com.yahoo.platform.yui.compressor.JavaScriptCompressor.compress(JavaS
criptCompressor.java:553)
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.yuicompressor.JavaScriptResourceMinimiz
er.doMinimize(JavaScriptResourceMinimizer.java:99)
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.yuicompressor.AbstractMinimizer$1.perfo
rm(AbstractMinimizer.java:67)
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.TapestryInternalUtils$5.run(TapestryInt
ernalUtils.java:582)
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.OperationTrackerImpl$1.invoke(Opera
tionTrackerImpl.java:51)
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.OperationTrackerImpl$1.invoke(Opera
tionTrackerImpl.java:48)
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.OperationTrackerImpl.invoke(Operati
onTrackerImpl.java:74)
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.OperationTrackerImpl.run(OperationT
rackerImpl.java:47)
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.PerThreadOperationTracker.run(PerTh
readOperationTracker.java:76)
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.RegistryImpl.run(RegistryImpl.java:
1116)
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.TapestryInternalUtils.performIO(Tapestr
yInternalUtils.java:576)
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.yuicompressor.AbstractMinimizer.minimiz
e(AbstractMinimizer.java:61)
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.assets.MasterResourceMinimizer
.minimize(MasterResourceMinimizer.java:44)
        at $ResourceMinimizer_2584ccfdb20b.minimize(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.assets.StackAssetRequestHandle
r.assembleStackContent(StackAssetRequestHandler.java:175)
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.assets.StackAssetRequestHandle
r.assembleStackContent(StackAssetRequestHandler.java:163)
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.assets.StackAssetRequestHandle
r.getUncompressedResource(StackAssetRequestHandler.java:146)
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.assets.StackAssetRequestHandle
r.getCompressedResource(StackAssetRequestHandler.java:132)
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.assets.StackAssetRequestHandle
r.getResource(StackAssetRequestHandler.java:123)
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.assets.StackAssetRequestHandle
r.access$100(StackAssetRequestHandler.java:40)
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.assets.StackAssetRequestHandle
r$1.perform(StackAssetRequestHandler.java:103)
[...]
r.handleAssetRequest(StackAssetRequestHandler.java:96)
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.AssetDispatcher.dispatch(Asset
Dispatcher.java:114)
        at $Dispatcher_2584ccfdb200.dispatch(Unknown Source)
        at $Dispatcher_2584ccfdb204.dispatch(Unknown Source)
        at $Dispatcher_2584ccfdb1fe.dispatch(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.services.TapestryModule$RequestHandlerTerminator
.service(TapestryModule.java:302)
        at org.ideademo.piko.services.AppModule$1.service(AppModule.java:89)
        at $RequestFilter_2584ccfdb1fd.service(Unknown Source)
        at $RequestHandler_2584ccfdb1ff.service(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.RequestErrorFilter.service(Req
uestErrorFilter.java:26)
        at $RequestHandler_2584ccfdb1ff.service(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.services.TapestryModule$3.service(TapestryModule
.java:902)
        at $RequestHandler_2584ccfdb1ff.service(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.services.TapestryModule$2.service(TapestryModule
.java:892)
        at $RequestHandler_2584ccfdb1ff.service(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.StaticFilesFilter.service(Stat
icFilesFilter.java:90)
        at $RequestHandler_2584ccfdb1ff.service(Unknown Source)
        at $RequestHandler_2584ccfdb1f3.service(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.services.TapestryModule$HttpServletRequestHandle
rTerminator.service(TapestryModule.java:253)
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.gzip.GZipFilter.service(GZipFilter.java
:53)
        at $HttpServletRequestHandler_2584ccfdb1f5.service(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.IgnoredPathsFilter.service(Ign
oredPathsFilter.java:62)
        at $HttpServletRequestFilter_2584ccfdb1f1.service(Unknown Source)
        at $HttpServletRequestHandler_2584ccfdb1f5.service(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.services.TapestryModule$1.service(TapestryModule
.java:852)
        at $HttpServletRequestHandler_2584ccfdb1f5.service(Unknown Source)
        at $HttpServletRequestHandler_2584ccfdb1f0.service(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.TapestryFilter.doFilter(TapestryFilter.java:171)

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(Appl
icationFilterChain.java:242)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationF
ilterChain.java:208)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperV
alve.java:240)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextV
alve.java:203)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.j
ava:164)
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.j
ava:108)
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:
558)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineVal
ve.java:118)
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.jav
a:379)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProcessor.process(Http11AprProcesso
r.java:281)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.pr
ocess(Http11AprProtocol.java:357)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(AprEndpoin
t.java:1671)
        at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExec
utor.java:886)
        at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor
.java:908)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
[INFO] AppModule.TimingFilter Request time: 390 ms
[INFO] AppModule.TimingFilter Request time: 0 ms
[INFO] AppModule.TimingFilter Request time: 0 ms
[INFO] AppModule.TimingFilter Request time: 0 ms
[INFO] AppModule.TimingFilter Request time: 109 ms
[ERROR] TapestryModule.RequestExceptionHandler Processing of request failed
with
 uncaught exception: Component Index does not contain embedded component
'jsp'.
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.util.UnknownValueException: Component Index does
not co
ntain embedded component 'jsp'.
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.structure.ComponentPageElementImpl.getE
mbeddedElement(ComponentPageElementImpl.java:860)
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.structure.PageImpl.getComponentElementB
yNestedId(PageImpl.java:116)
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.ComponentEventRequestHandlerIm
pl.handle(ComponentEventRequestHandlerImpl.java:79)
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.ImmediateActionRenderResponseF
ilter.handle(ImmediateActionRenderResponseFilter.java:42)
        at $ComponentEventRequestHandler_2584ccfdb293.handle(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.AjaxFilter.handle(AjaxFilter.j
ava:42)
        at $ComponentEventRequestHandler_2584ccfdb293.handle(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.services.TapestryModule$40.handle(TapestryModule
.java:2456)
        at $ComponentEventRequestHandler_2584ccfdb293.handle(Unknown Source)
        at $ComponentEventRequestHandler_2584ccfdb22c.handle(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.ComponentRequestHandlerTermina
tor.handleComponentEvent(ComponentRequestHandlerTerminator.java:43)
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.services.InitializeActivePageName.handleComponen
tEvent(InitializeActivePageName.java:39)
        at
$ComponentRequestHandler_2584ccfdb22e.handleComponentEvent(Unknown So
urce)
        at
$ComponentRequestHandler_2584ccfdb201.handleComponentEvent(Unknown So
urce)
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.ComponentEventDispatcher.dispa
tch(ComponentEventDispatcher.java:46)

Posted by Lance Java <la...@googlemail.com>.
I wonder if this has something to do with how tomcat 7 is trying to serve
the root.

Are you able to hit
http://localhost:8080/newapp/about

Posted by netdawg <ne...@yahoo.com>.
The index page of the T5 tutorial.

Not sure of component.

Posted by Lance Java <la...@googlemail.com>.
So, I think that eliminates the problem that howard was mentioning on his
blog.

Can you paste the page / component that is trying to run? I'm trying to
think of where a "jsp" component would be references inside the tapestry
archetype.

Posted by netdawg <ne...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks for suggestion.  No luck, though.

Same error in Tomcat 7 with exploded war approach

BUT...war file works in Tomcat 5.5.31 ...JDK 1.6.0_03...

Go figure...