Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Roman Sosnin <RO...@il.ibm.com> on 2017/06/20 13:15:00 UTC

Rollover 30 times a day, but zip only once a day

Hi all,

Is it possible to configure the logging-system the way that the files are
rolled-over 30 times a day (say 1 file = 1GB) maximum, but the zipping
process (gz) happens only once a day?

Thanks!

Regards,
Roman Sosnin
Backend Server Side Developer
Trusteer Security
IBM Israel Software Lab
Office: +972-(0)74-7922783

Re: Rollover 30 times a day, but zip only once a day

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.
It should be possible but as far as I am aware it isn’t currently supported. A new Action would be needed to find all the files that need to be compressed and compresses them.

Ralph