Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by daivanov <da...@gridfore.com> on 2017/08/17 19:58:02 UTC

Customise persistent store

Hi. I have read that ignite persistence can be activated by
"persistentStoreConfiguration" in config and then all caches will be stored
on disk. But I wonder to store not all but only a few specific caches.
How can I customise persistent store for this?

Re: Customise persistent store

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
This means that pages will never be evicted from memory (actually, this is
default behavior). But the data will still be persisted on disk.

-Val

Re: Customise persistent store

Posted by daivanov <da...@gridfore.com>.
Maybe I could turn off eviction for some caches by setting
memoryConfiguration with properties like  <bean
class="org.apache.ignite.configuration.MemoryConfiguration">
                <property name="memoryPolicies">
                    <list>
                        <bean
class="org.apache.ignite.configuration.MemoryPolicyConfiguration">
                            <property name="name" value="not_persistent"/>
                            <property name="pageEvictionMode"
value="DISABLED"/>
                            <property name="evictionThreshold" value="0"/>
                        </bean>
                    </list>
                </property>

            </bean>

Could it help?

Re: Customise persistent store

Posted by Alexey Kukushkin <ku...@gmail.com>.
Hi, unfortunately presently you have no way to exclude a cache from being
persisted if persistence is enabled. Configuring cache store will not
disable persistence. Please wait for IGNITE-6030 to be implemented. Also,
are you sure not persisting some particular cache is critical for you? Do
you have performance issues?

On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 3:27 PM, daivanov <da...@gridfore.com> wrote:

> Hi. I have one more question. If I set CacheStore which do nothing with
> configuration.setCacheStoreFactory method to all caches with I don't want
> persisit into Ignite strorage, can it help?
> Maybe there is some special property?

Best regards,
Alexey

Re: Customise persistent store

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
I think the community will release the next version somewhere around Q3-Q4 time frame.

—
Denis

Posted by Raymond Wilson <ra...@trimble.com>.
Oh, good question!