Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by "KARR, DAVID" <dk...@att.com> on 2013/11/12 18:08:55 UTC

Simple problems running Karaf in Cygwin Bash shell

I installed the Unix/Linux/Cygwin Karaf 2.3.3 distro on my Win 7 box.  I opened up a Cygwin "rxvt" window, changed to the karaf installation, and then ran "bin/karaf" in my Cygwin bash window.

Along with the logo, this prints the following:
--------------
Hit '<tab>' for a list of available commands
and '[cmd] --help' for help on a specific command.
Hit '<ctrl-d>' or type 'osgi:shutdown' or 'logout' to shutdown Karaf.

karaf@root>
--------------

At this point, pressing "<tab>" inserts a tab character at the Karaf prompt and does nothing else.  In fact, it appears to me that nothing is listening for input at all at this point.

Re: Simple problems running Karaf in Cygwin Bash shell

Posted by Scott Carr <ks...@gmail.com>.
On 11/12/2013 11:08 AM, KARR, DAVID wrote:
> I installed the Unix/Linux/Cygwin Karaf 2.3.3 distro on my Win 7 box.  I opened up a Cygwin "rxvt" window, changed to the karaf installation, and then ran "bin/karaf" in my Cygwin bash window.

I have usually found it better to run start.bat in a regular cmd window,
or run karaf as a windows service using wrapper.  You can also run
karaf.bat within cygwin, then follow the ssh command below.

To connect from cygwin, you can use:

ssh -p8101 karaf@localhost

This works pretty well.