Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by "Lukasz L." <Lu...@sabre.com> on 2008/01/02 16:00:37 UTC

Re: JAAS Support

Is basic authentication configured this way:

  <http:basicAuthentication>
    <http:basicAuthCredentials username="testuser" password="testpass" />
  </http:basicAuthentication>

equal to

authMethod="basic"
plus specifying user's password in users-passwords.properties (and changes
to goups.properties and security.xm) ?

Re: JAAS Support

Posted by Tijs <t....@chello.nl>.
Hi,

I have been working out an example with JAAS as part of my upcoming book
"Open Source ESBs in action" which include lots of examples with ServiceMix
and Mule. So with a shameless plug you can look at
http://www.manning.com/rademakers for more details.

To use the default JAAS properties login configuration you don't have to do
a lot actually.
You can use the following configurating on a HTTP endpoint:

<http:endpoint service="esb:SimpleAuthentication"
       endpoint="authEndpoint"
       targetService="esb:testComponent"
       targetEndpoint="testEndpoint"
       role="consumer"
       locationURI="http://localhost:8192/AuthenticationService/"
       authMethod="basic"
       defaultMep="http://www.w3.org/2004/08/wsdl/in-only"/>

So you only have to set the authMethod attribute to basic.
Now you can only call this AuthenticationService with the default user smx
and password smx to have the exchange succeed.

If you would like more details about the JAAS configuration just sent me an
email on tijs@apache.org,

Best regards,

Tijs