Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/07 18:05:00 UTC

rt/rs/security module

Hi,

I'm starting experimenting with XML and SAML security, it's the early
days, but I'm thinking of
introducing a rt/rs/security top-level module, which will have

1. rt/rs/security/xml - just 'basic' XMlSig/Encr support
2. rt/rs/security/saml - various things to do with SAML
then, a bit further down the line:
rt/rs/security/<salmon>, etc

I also planning to add rt/security base module which will have the
common code (basic auth/authorization, plus the common code
rt/ws/security and rt/rs/security/* can use, ex, things like Crypto,
utility code for loading stores, etc), SAML authorization support as
discussed earlier on, etc

Just some early thoughts, comments are welcome

Thanks, Sergey

--
Sergey Beryozkin

http://sberyozkin.blogspot.com
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: rt/rs/security module

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
I'm ready to start moving some of the code which currently resides in
the systests area to this module.
I'm thinking of initially creating rs/security/xml module - this will
cover everything to do with XML security, including SAML
given that SAML assertions are XML based.
I can create rs/security/saml too - perhaps that will provide a better
modularity - just not sure yet, can see later on once the SAML related
tests will be enhanced...
I'd also like to make sure that non-XMl based security sub-modules can
be added to rs/security when needed

Let me know please if you have any comments
Sergey