Posted to user@vcl.apache.org by Douglas Dodson <do...@sri.com> on 2011/08/12 17:53:33 UTC

"Until" not available in new reservations interface

Hi,

I apologize if this is addressed somewhere, but I can't find it...

I see some screenshots in the documentation and on the Wiki that show an
"Until" option on the "New Reservation" page.  How can I configure a
user or group to have that option available to them?

Thanks.

  - Doug -

Re: "Until" not available in new reservations interface

Posted by Josh Thompson <jo...@ncsu.edu>.

Doug,

You are correct.  It looks like I must have set initialmaxtime directly in the
database to get it up to 45 days.  I'll create a JIRA issue to make that
easier than setting the value in minutes and to allow it to be a longer
duration than what you can set now.

If you want to set it in the database, you'd want to set initialmaxtime for
the desired group in the usergroup table.  If you created a user group named
"long duration", you could then set it with the following query:

UPDATE usergroup SET initialmaxtime = 65535 WHERE name = 'long duration'

Then, just add any users to that group to allow them to see 45 days.

Josh

On Monday August 15, 2011, you wrote:
> Hi Josh,
>
> It looks like the input box for "Initial Max Time (minutes)" only
> accepts up to four digits.  How can I get up to 45 days?  Perhaps I'm in
> the wrong place...
>
> Thanks.
>
>   - Doug -
>
> On 8/12/2011 1:59 PM, Josh Thompson wrote:
> >
> > Doug,
> >
> > Unfortunately, the "Until" option is all or nothing.  You can either
> > specify having the reservation forever, or be limited to having the
> > drop-down box for the duration.  You can, however, change the max
> > initial time setting for a user group to give them up to 45 days.
> >
> > Josh
> >
> > On Friday August 12, 2011, Douglas Dodson wrote:
> >> Michael and Andy,
> >>
> >> Thanks for the answer.  That was it.  One more question related to this:
> >> what controls the limit on the date specified in the "Until" box?  Are
> >> these still controlled by the time fields in the group settings?  I'd
> >> like some users to be able to use the "Until" option, but not be able to
> >> reserve something forever.
> >>
> >> Thanks again.
> >>
> >>    - Doug -

> > - --
> > - -------------------------------
> > Josh Thompson
> > VCL Developer
> > North Carolina State University
> >
> > my GPG/PGP key can be found at pgp.mit.edu
- --
- -------------------------------

my GPG/PGP key can be found at pgp.mit.edu

Re: "Until" not available in new reservations interface

Posted by Josh Thompson <jo...@ncsu.edu>.

Re: "Until" not available in new reservations interface

Posted by Douglas Dodson <do...@sri.com>.
Michael and Andy,

--
*Douglas Dodson*
SRI International <http://www.sri.com>

Email: douglas.dodson@sri.com <ma...@sri.com>
Phone: (814) 278-6047
Fax: (814) 237-4034

1771 Pine Hall Road
State College, PA 16801

Re: "Until" not available in new reservations interface

Posted by Andy Kurth <an...@ncsu.edu>.