Posted to common-commits@hadoop.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2009/10/30 18:40:26 UTC

[Hadoop Wiki] Trivial Update of "ZooKeeper/HBaseMeetingNotes" by stack

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Hadoop Wiki" for change notification.

The "ZooKeeper/HBaseMeetingNotes" page has been changed by stack.
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/ZooKeeper/HBaseMeetingNotes?action=diff&rev1=1&rev2=2

  also see: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-545

+ zk: Mahadev mentioned that zk team commonly sees the types of issues hbase experiences at least on first deploy but that after tuning and research, all settles down
+
   * hbase - We'd like to know what kind of limits a 3 nodes quorum have. What's the reasonable amount of znodes, reads and writes per sec it can support? How many watches?

  zk: this is the easiest to see http://hadoop.apache.org/zookeeper/docs/current/zookeeperOver.html#Performance however this is for optimum conditions (dedicated server class host with sufficient memory and dedicated spindle for the log) and a large number of clients. With smaller number of clients using synchronous operations you are probably limited more by network latency than anything.
@@ -29, +31 @@

  Background:
+
+ ''Below is stale now, excerpted from another document.  For latest see [[http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hbase/MasterRewrite||HBase Master Rewrite]]''

  Below are some notes from our master rewrite design doc.  Its from the section where we talk of moving all state and schemas to zk: