Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Forster, Wes" <WF...@Aegonusa.com> on 2002/06/05 19:50:28 UTC

Problem - "httpd:Cannot find ELF"

Hello,
  I'm trying to run apache 1.3.24 on a Solaris 8 server with the
8_recommended patches installed. When I try to start httpd (apachectl start)
I get this error 'httpd:Cannot find ELF'  I'm attempting to build with the
following config.

Apache 1.2.24 from the tarball
php 4.2.1 from the tarball (having the same problem with 4.2.1)
freetds .53 from the tarball (Needed for php - Microsoft SQL connectivity)

So I follow the install direction from php.net

cd apache
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/bin
cd ../php
./configure --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql --with-apache=../apache
--enable-track-vars --with-sybase=/usr/local/freetds
make
make install
cd ../apache
./configure --activate-module=src/modules/php4/libphp4.a
--with-perl=/usr/local/bin/perl --enable-module=rewrite
make
make install
I have a standard php.ini that I distribute. although I tried the default
one that is built during the install

When I try to start apache this is exactly what happens...

 # /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl start
httpd: Cannot find ELF
Killed
/usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started
#

Any ideas.

Thank you
Wes A Forster