Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jón Helgi Jónsson <jo...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/08 04:40:01 UTC

How to use key with facet.prefix?

I'm trying to facet multiple times on same field using key.

This works fine except when I use prefixes for these facets.

What I got so far (and not functional):
..
&facet=true
&facet.field=category&f.category.facet.prefix=01
&facet.field={!key=subcat}category&f.subcat.facet.prefix=00

This will give me 2 facets in results, one named 'category' and
another 'subcat' like expected. But prefix for key 'subcat' is ignored
and the other prefix is used for both facets.

How do I use key with prefixes or am I barking up the wrong tree here?

Thanks!

Re: How to use key with facet.prefix?

Posted by mike anderson <sa...@gmail.com>.
whoops, sorry guys

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>.
2009/8/8 Jón Helgi Jónsson <jo...@gmail.com>:
> Thanks for that. So perhaps use copyfield in schema and make a subcat
> field identical to my category would be the best solution?

That's certainly an undesirable side effect of our current syntax -
I'll open a JIRA issue to address this, but it's probably not
something that can make it in time for 1.4

You could sort-of get what you want by using the multi-select faceting
support to exclude tagged filters... but that effects the main doc
list (that may or may not matter for your usecase).

q=foo
&fq={!tag=f0}category:00
&fq={!tag=f1}category:01
&facet=true